This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mount & Blade: Warband

#1SLayPosted 11/6/2013 12:59:27 PM
What's the map size of this game? Gameplay, is it just constant battles on after another? No story or any kind of direction? AH, dunno what to do.
---
Miami Hurricanes.
#2RPGMattPosted 11/6/2013 1:01:21 PM
I've only played it as Counterstrike with swords. The single player looks intriguing though.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#3SinisterSlayPosted 11/6/2013 1:04:04 PM
SLay posted...
What's the map size of this game? Gameplay, is it just constant battles on after another? No story or any kind of direction? AH, dunno what to do.

Map size for native is pretty big but in high speed mode you can cross it in about 20 seconds.
Gameplay is mostly battles and politics
Story, there isn't one, it's sandbox, do whatever you want.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#4wizardmonPosted 11/6/2013 1:19:40 PM(edited)
The meat of the game is in Single player with the multiplayer there as just for fun.

When I played through it I started as a Nordic merchant peddling my wares from town to town along with my merry guardsmen. Eventually my wealth got to the point where it could sustain itself so I took up fighting in tournaments for fame and glory, after winning several of them I eventually joined up with the King Ragnar's army as he was impressed by my wins enough to name me a minor lord so long as I fight for him.

So I raised a mighty army of nothing but Nordic Huscarls, 100's of big sweaty men with beards and throwing axes to crush the Kingdom of Swadia. After many battles we wiped Swadia off the map completely, however, there was some problems with King Ragnar who selfishly claiming most of the wealth to himself while barely leaving any of the other lords anything for all their effort in the war. I conspired with the rest of the lords gaining their loyalty through friendship, and with them broke off with some of them to start my own faction to overthrow King Ragnar and slowly took over Ragnars lands.

It was at this point I purchased a SSD and installed my OS onto it forgetting that I even had my save on my old HDD which I instantly formatted for storage space without thinking of my game saves.

Oh well, I could start another adventure later.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#5SinisterSlayPosted 11/6/2013 1:24:32 PM(edited)
wizardmon posted...
The meat of the game is in Single player with the multiplayer there as just for fun.

When I played through it I started as a Nordic merchant peddling my wares from town to town along with my merry guardsmen. Eventually my wealth got to the point where it could sustain itself so I took up fighting in tournaments for fame and glory, after winning several of them I eventually joined up with the King Ragnar's army as he was impressed by my wins enough to name me a minor lord so long as I fight for him.

So I raised a mighty army of nothing but Nordic Huscarls, 100's of big sweaty men with beards and throwing axes to crush the Kingdom of Swadia. After many battles we wiped Swadia off the map completely, however, there was some problems with King Ragnar who selfishly claiming most of the wealth to himself while barely leaving any of the other lords anything for all their effort in the war. I conspired with the rest of the lords gaining their loyalty through friendship, and with them broke off with some of them to start my own faction to overthrow King Ragnar and slowly took over Ragnars lands.

It was at this point I purchased a SSD and installed my OS onto it forgetting that I even had my save on my old HDD which I instantly formatted for storage space without thinking of my game saves.

Oh well, I could start another adventure later.

Ragner is a d*** I always kill him second, first, the Rhodoks...

Personally I always play the romantic, marrying my way into a noble family, the convincing my spouse that I am the rightful ruler and overthrowing the king.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#6wizardmonPosted 11/6/2013 1:25:48 PM
SinisterSlay posted...

Yeah he is actually, if I didn't enjoy making lines of 100 huscarls and telling them to hold fire till the enemy got in range and having them all throw four or five axes per soldier all at once I'd probably just roll with the Sarranid Sultanate for their armored horses which seem to obliterate everything anyone can ever throw at them.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#7SinisterSlayPosted 11/6/2013 1:28:14 PM(edited)
wizardmon posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Yeah he is actually, if I didn't enjoy making lines of 100 huscarls and telling them to hold fire till the enemy got in range and having them all throw four or five axes per soldier all at once I'd probably just roll with the Sarranid Sultanate for their armored horses which seem to obliterate everything anyone can ever throw at them.

I usually got swadian mounted.
Not sure why, I think I am just biased from the first M&B where swadian knights were the best.

Sarranids are only slightly better than swadians. The difference is negligible.

One of these days I want to do a run as the vaegiers, their mounted seems pretty good.
---
#8jessica73Posted 11/6/2013 1:39:13 PM
The Nords are the best, Swadia sucks >:o now they are holed up in one castle while the Nords sweep the lower half of the continent in my game ^_^

Ragnar gave me Sargoth, I asked for it after recapturing it from the Vaegirs, not expecting him to actually do it, and he did... must have been drunk >_>
---
http://i.imgur.com/1XJz6.gif http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#9SinisterSlayPosted 11/6/2013 1:43:48 PM(edited)
jessica73 posted...
The Nords are the best, Swadia sucks >:o now they are holed up in one castle while the Nords sweep the lower half of the continent in my game ^_^

Ragnar gave me Sargoth, I asked for it after recapturing it from the Vaegirs, not expecting him to actually do it, and he did... must have been drunk >_>

With the AI, yes.

High level, swadia destroys the nords.

But since a low level foot soldier Nord way out classes any low level foot soldier swadian. The nords tend to win most battles.
But an army of huscarls will fall to an army of knights.

Not that it matters, the great thing about warband is you can play however you want.
---
#10jessica73Posted 11/6/2013 1:50:11 PM
Nah, I'm iust talking about the lords, lol.

But I do have a soft spot for the nords for the huscarls, yeah. As for whose units I like the best, I think I recruit more Sarranids than anything. dem mamlukes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/1XJz6.gif http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png