This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a new Metroidvania game, any suggestions?

#11OMGSuperSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2013 9:57:17 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
"Metroidvania" isn't a genre, it describes a couple games in ONE series. Only stupid people think it's something else, and spread it to other stupid people...

You're saying Guacamelee is trying to be Castlevania trying to be Metroid? Instead of just, you know, being like Metroid?

Derpterms

Judging by this topic, people seem to understand what I'm asking for, so I don't see the problem.
---
Best Game of all time: Earthbound
#12SteamsterPosted 11/6/2013 10:11:58 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Aren't you one of those peasants that calls CoD an "arcade" shooter?

It's TimePharoah. He should be on your ignore list.

And I don't give a f*** if you're too "cool" to use your ignore list.
#13CourtofOwlsPosted 11/6/2013 10:12:58 PM
the swapper kinda sorta is but also kinda sorta not
---
Boycott Best Buy!
#14xanthan1Posted 11/6/2013 10:24:13 PM(edited)
TimePharaoh posted...
"Metroidvania" isn't a genre, it describes a couple games in ONE series. Only stupid people think it's something else, and spread it to other stupid people...

You're saying Guacamelee is trying to be Castlevania trying to be Metroid? Instead of just, you know, being like Metroid?

Derpterms

See all I see in your post is you being a pissy little brat because you don't like a term for a style of game popularized by 2 series using part of each series name.

Get over yourself and grow up.

PS.
If its a category of games characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter it's a genre. You know, like Metroidvania refers to a certain style of game there isn't a better term for. Learn what genre means, then stop whining about how you don't like the name for the genre.
#15jakisthePosted 11/6/2013 10:33:29 PM
Hmmm. I dunno if I'd consider Cave Story to be a MV...
Anyway, TC, if you have Terraria, get the mod "The Story of Red Cloud"
http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/adv-dark-souls-mod-the-story-of-red-cloud.87617/
It's like a MV, with a Dark Souls-esque twist...and IT. IS. AMAZING.

Possibly one of the best 2d games I've ever played.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#16ArayzielPosted 11/6/2013 11:21:49 PM
La Mulana and Bunny Must Die are my favorites.

Valdis Story is also great, and will have some new content in the future in the form of more characters.
#17razorracerPosted 11/6/2013 11:52:07 PM
Dust: An Elysian Tail is a pretty good one, and Hell Yeah! is underrated IMO.
---
Member of the awesome PS Vita, Nintendo 3DS, iOS, and Android owners club.