This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

COD Ghosts has a 1.7 metacritic score

#41xanthan1Posted 11/8/2013 11:04:16 AM
ThePonyCollie posted...
lol, bf4. that generic military borefest. at least cod is fun with lots of modes to play.

You have no idea what "generic" means, do you?
#42SteamsterPosted 11/8/2013 11:31:12 AM
protools1983 posted...
Scroe posted...
No it doesn't

User score. Means more to me. They aren't paid.

Stopped reading here. Realized I had TC tagged as a joke person.

Lol
#43protools1983(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 11:34:32 AM
Steamster posted...
protools1983 posted...
Scroe posted...
No it doesn't

Stopped reading here. Realized I had TC tagged as a joke person.

Lol

Because this contribution to the boards is noteworthy.
---
Stand up for consumer rights! Vote with your dollar! Boycott Xbox One!!!
#44R i c kPosted 11/8/2013 11:37:42 AM
1200 12 year olds can't be wrong! lol

It may be a lame rehash but it's a CoD rehash which just means it's still got decent enough mechanics at it's core. No game should be getting such low scores unless it's broken and literally unplayable.

Professional reviews tend to suck due to conflicts of interest but putting stock in user reviews like these would make you an idiot. Personally, I stick with the semi-professionals like YouTubers.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#45Pal 080Posted 11/8/2013 1:49:43 PM(edited)
Why does everyone have to convince themselves "professional" reviewers are paid off...? Is it not too much to consider they are just bad at reviewing games...? I seriously don't believe money changes hands for favoured reviews, not on any of the main sites I know of anyway...

And I'd value the professional opinion over that of the angry moron on meta critic who rates the same game across all systems just because they're an idiot...
---
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"
#46JKatarnPosted 11/8/2013 4:45:07 PM
protools1983 posted...
Scroe posted...
No it doesn't

There's also a much higher incidence of illiteracy, baseline IQ and irrational thinking amongst the general public.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#47thedarklordx3Posted 11/8/2013 6:36:24 PM
DerPancake posted...

Because competitive players abused stuff wasn't intended to be in the game, true it worked out for the best, but it was considered glitches by the devs and thats why they were removed in Brawl (l-cancelling, wavedash, etc.)

they were removed to make brawl casual baby garbage, not because they were glitches.

exclusiveburner posted...
Ship the same game 7 times...what do you expect?

common misconception

treyarch changes things

note the difference between zombies in WaW to BO to BO2

and then note that those games are based in 3 different wars(WWII, cold war/'nam, fictional future war) in 3 time periods(1940s, 1960s-70s, 2020s)

meanwhile IW made the same game 3 times and only updated the graphics, and now they're poised to change the 5 hour story mode and call it a different game(except now I hear they basically reused stuff from MW2 so... same game 4 times then?)
---
I quit LoL forever (was devilkingx) my account doesn't work anymore, idk why.
the powers that be have blessed me with an internet worthy of MMOs(like dota 2)
#48HenryKazukaPosted 11/8/2013 6:49:15 PM
protools1983 posted...
You guys are all missing the point. The numbered "score" system is useless no matter who is reviewing. It is what they write that counts. You need to actually read the review in order to form your own best opinion. You can tell if the reviewer has anything in common with you or if their points mean anything to you.

+1
---
Hard work may pay in the long run, but laziness always pays off right now!
#49Chaos_MissilePosted 11/8/2013 6:58:41 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Javelin posted...
exclusiveburner posted...
Ship the same game 7 times...what do you expect?

It works for Nintendo.

Nintendo changes the game every time.

Sure super smash brothers is basically the same, but it has new characters, new maps, new modes, new graphics. It's only the core game play that stays the sames.

COD just gets new maps.

Also, it's a horrible name.

When I feel the Call of Duty, I usually go to the bathroom.

Sounds exactly like Megaman, yet the biggest freaking complaint about it is that it's formulaic
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#50EpicKingdom_Posted 11/9/2013 4:49:00 AM
This game sucks, I can't believe I spent $60 on it. Sadly, I just figured why not.. I had extra money and I haven't purchased a COD game since MW2.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos