This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

T440s or Latitude 14 5000 series?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. T440s or Latitude 14 5000 series?

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
3 years ago#1
Hard to find any information on the latter.
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha

User Info: cancerstorm

cancerstorm
3 years ago#2
latitude 14 is a refresh of the 64xx right? i've never had the opportunity to use them so i can't say

the t430s is baller though
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg

Dorami
3 years ago#3
There is a E6440, which I believe is the successor to the E6430. The 14 5000 series is the ultrabook equivalent, I believe. The E64xx have M processors, while the 5000 series have U processors.
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha

Dorami
3 years ago#4
bump

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
3 years ago#5
I deploy t430s and they are an awesome machine. 5400 Quadro, 8-16GB RAM, i5 ivybridge, 180GB SSD.

They are at the EOL so I'm guessing the T440s are next in line.

Specs for specs, the T440 has a better top of the line model than the latitude, other than that, they are pretty on par for what you get/can get in each.
PS4 preordered! X1 Day 1 preordered!
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB

Dorami
3 years ago#6
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not sure if there was a shift in nomenclature. Spec wise it almost seems 440s=430u, 440=430s, and 440p=430, but maybe that's just the result of general shift toward lower power use.

The 2 USB port thing on the T440 makes me rage, because otherwise it looks better than the T440s. :(
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. T440s or Latitude 14 5000 series?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived