This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gonna attempt my first overclock.

#21EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 5:11:49 PM(edited)
Mitch35 posted...
You want to run Prime95 for a minimum of a few hours at those settings, but ideally overnight (8-10 hours) without any workers failing in order to deem the overclock stable.

Let me start over. I started out enabling all cores @ 4.2. (& disabling Internal PLL Overvoltage and setting CPU Load-Line to Level 5).

Now, is my goal(?) to find the correct amount of voltage to support the frequency?

Starting at offset -0.100v I had multiple app crashes and a BSoD right away on startup of Prime95.
Starting at offset -0.095v I had a BSoD before login with error code that ends in (1E) which is an increase vcore code.
Starting at offset -0.090v - CCC crashed on startup and BSoD ending in (D1) which I have no clue what that is for.
Starting at -0.085v I had another app crash and BSoD while doing Prime95 within minutes. Error code ending in 0A which is related to RAM.

(EDIT): What is going on here? Is my RAM interfering with my stress testing?

I continue to raise voltage until I stop crashing or BSoD-ing right? Once I survive at least 30 minutes with sweet spot voltage I then begin the longer stress tests of 15+ hours to see if things are stable @4.2 correct? And if they are, if I desire I could now test further beyond 4.2?

---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#22EciDemonPosted 11/7/2013 4:57:17 PM
I'm pretty sure Asrock provides ready made safe overclock profiles in the bios you can use.
If you want higher though you should read up on some overclock guides. You need a good grasp of whats going on and the thinking behind it so you can tailor the overclock for your system since every peice of hardware will oc a bit different.
Plenty of good guides to be found on google.
---
| Gigabyte GTX 680 Winforce 3 OC | i7 2600K @4.6Ghz |
| Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | X-Fi Titanium champion |
#23EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 6:07:51 PM
OK I'm giving up lol. I appreciate my rig and don't want to murder it just yet. >_< I'm recieving BSoD's left and right no matter the settings when running Prime.

Latest one ended in FC.

*hands over master race badge*.
---
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos
#24DerPancakePosted 11/7/2013 6:09:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#25SolidManifestPosted 11/7/2013 6:10:59 PM(edited)
EpicKingdom_ posted...
DerPancake posted...
Its really easy, even my grandma can do it.

You speak the truth?

It pretty easy if you do it properly and not (slider method). It's just ****ing tedious trying to find the right voltage and testing for stability

@TC use this for stress testing http://www.ocbase.com/
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#26DerPancakePosted 11/7/2013 6:13:20 PM
You should get a Haswell, its too ****** easy to overclock those especially on an ASUS Z87 board which does everything for you.
---
EVGA