This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody playing State of Decay?

#1protools1983Posted 11/7/2013 11:08:42 AM
Was interested in this when I heard it was coming to PC but it's been out a few days now and I haven't heard anything about it.
---
Stand up for consumer rights! Vote with your dollar! Boycott Xbox One!!!
#2St34lth24Posted 11/7/2013 2:32:48 PM
I've played it but it makes my GPU Insanely HOT. Averaging around 75-77c and drops to 66-69c on the lowest setting possible. I'am pretty much getting 60fps on almost any setting and I have a frame limiter activated but it still overheats. I just can't play it when my computer sounds like a jet plane.

There's no reason a game like this that ran on a 360 should do this. It's pretty unoptimized Battlefield didn't even make my GPU this hot.
---
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
#3Cool_Dude667Posted 11/7/2013 2:34:16 PM
St34lth24 posted...
I've played it but it makes my GPU Insanely HOT. Averaging around 75-77c and drops to 66-69c on the lowest setting possible. I'am pretty much getting 60fps on almost any setting and I have a frame limiter activated but it still overheats. I just can't play it when my computer sounds like a jet plane.

There's no reason a game like this that ran on a 360 should do this. It's pretty unoptimized Battlefield didn't even make my GPU this hot.

What is your GPU?
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#4St34lth24Posted 11/7/2013 2:40:20 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
St34lth24 posted...

What is your GPU?

560ti
---
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
#5Logical_OnePosted 11/7/2013 2:42:40 PM
It was mediocre IMO. Beat it in about 6-7 hours and uninstalled. The combat was stupid easy and the group management was a chore.
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#6KabtheMentatPosted 11/7/2013 2:49:37 PM
St34lth24 posted...

To be fair, it ran on the 360, but not very well. There's a lot of pop in, slow downs, and the frame rate is ass.

Despite all of that, it's a pretty cool game. Might pick it up on the PC down the road.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#7Sage_Of_IcePosted 11/7/2013 3:10:26 PM
Logical_One posted...
It was mediocre IMO. Beat it in about 6-7 hours and uninstalled. The combat was stupid easy and the group management was a chore.

If you beat it in 6-7 hours, you didn't really play the game.
---
I've been in Troll form for so long...
#8Lady UnePosted 11/7/2013 3:11:59 PM
I have it, but would hold off until the Breakdown DLC comes out since it makes the game more challenging and adds a sandbox style mode.
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.
#9MahoganyTooth92Posted 11/7/2013 3:13:23 PM
I heard the game simulation while you were away was ridiculously broken on the 360. Can anyone confirm if it got better or not?
---
"PC has a $0 a year maintenance fee. The only money I put into my PC is buying more games. Have fun with your subscription based gaming." -SirisS-G-P
#10CatToyPosted 11/7/2013 3:16:56 PM(edited)
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
I heard the game simulation while you were away was ridiculously broken on the 360. Can anyone confirm if it got better or not?

It was because NPC's could go off and get killed by themselves while you weren't playing, but that was changed pretty quickly. The only way someone can get killed while you're not playing now is if they were in a situation where they would have died in a few minutes while you WERE playing.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.