This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think I should clean out my case fan

#1silvergokuZPosted 11/7/2013 12:24:07 PM
During summer I got temps of around 31 degrees on cpu when idle or using internet only higher when gaming but in the last few days noticed constant spikes of temps but my pc is defragged updated and only reinstalled Windows onto my Samsung SSD 3 weeks ago

It says 31 then goes to 45 or something back down to about 35, then 31 then 45 etc and goes back and forth constant even on desktop with nothing open.

Sometimes it goes between 34-37

The graphics card is a constant low and hasn't changed since summer so I either think its a virus(unlikely) a program using cpu but task manager shows only usual things open or the fans.

And yes I know these are low temps its more I am wondering whey they are higher than in summer and finally to test my theory I left pc off for 7 hours and made sure no heating was on in the house in case the heaters were causing it to get warmer and so the property was freezing cold but the temps are the same.

Any ideas?
---
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
#2lost_withinPosted 11/7/2013 12:51:53 PM
Just clean them and see if things improve, if they don't scan for viruses, if that doesn't help throw it in the garbage because nothing else will help....

just kidding on the last one...

You could have a fan failing or something... maybe the cooling fan on your cpu... or maybe you need new thermal paste, or blow out the heat sync...

There could be many reasons why things are going bad...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#3silvergokuZ(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 11:59:00 AM
Thought I replied since, anyway I cleaned out every fan and put new paste on and I would say its a little better i.e im still getting random spikes but they seem to settle after being in windows about a hour at about 33 degrees.

Still dont understand why it has gone 3-5 degrees higher than it was though I know it could be changes in the surroundings but then why with all heating off and flat cold was it still warmer.
---
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.
#4Killah PriestPosted 11/10/2013 12:01:07 PM
it could just be age.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.