This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did anyone get their packages from the Walmart mixup yet?

#21JKatarnPosted 11/7/2013 4:50:47 PM
Yep, just as I expected. You didn't really think Wal-Mart would let people have expensive electronics/computer components at an 85%+ discount did you? This is a company that squeezes its suppliers to save every cent they can, surely they wouldn't let this slide.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#22Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 5:43:45 PM
Bump.

I can't be the only person who's got my stuff from this.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#23Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 6:44:42 PM
OK so I found a little more information from a website that says its a lawyer: http://community.lawyers.com/forums/t/124482.aspx

Basically if the gap is big enough they can make you return it at their expense, but it depends on state law.

The gap was probably big enough here, and even more so for a GTX 680 selling for $45.

So if they try to actually communicate with me about getting it back I might have to give it back, but I'll try and give them a hard time if they do. I already opened it and it's loading up with data now.

I'm probably just gonna let FedEx take the next one if they send for package retrieval.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#24JKatarnPosted 11/7/2013 11:57:48 PM
Ch3wy posted...
OK so I found a little more information from a website that says its a lawyer: http://community.lawyers.com/forums/t/124482.aspx

Basically if the gap is big enough they can make you return it at their expense, but it depends on state law.

The gap was probably big enough here, and even more so for a GTX 680 selling for $45.

So if they try to actually communicate with me about getting it back I might have to give it back, but I'll try and give them a hard time if they do. I already opened it and it's loading up with data now.

I'm probably just gonna let FedEx take the next one if they send for package retrieval.

Why in the world would you be "loading it up with data" when there's the possibility that you would have to return it? Not only will it be a wasted effort, but a future purchaser could then potentially access your data that's on the drive (assuming you don't have time to do a zero wipe).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#25xcmon3yx2Posted 11/8/2013 12:29:38 AM(edited)
Only people that got anything from the mix up, was the ones that used store pick up. You really think someone is going to sell you a $600 graphics card for $40? Even a company as rich as walmart is not going to purposely hemorrhage money like that
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#26Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 5:38:19 AM(edited)
JKatarn posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Why in the world would you be "loading it up with data" when there's the possibility that you would have to return it? Not only will it be a wasted effort, but a future purchaser could then potentially access your data that's on the drive (assuming you don't have time to do a zero wipe).

I had it registered and everything by the time the retrieval guy had come, so I figure it's not really in a returnable state at that point. And they haven't communicated with me at all about it so I'm going to assume all is well.

If they tell me that I need to return it anyways I'm just gonna tell them I need to wipe it first. They can't force me to hand over a device with my own personal data on it.
---
#27Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 5:49:13 AM(edited)
Just checked the status on my next one:

Delivery refused - Unable to deliver shipment - Returning to shipper

So yeah. Anyone hasn't gotten their ****, isn't going to.
---
#28lost_withinPosted 11/8/2013 7:36:05 AM
Ch3wy posted...
JKatarn posted...
Ch3wy posted...

I had it registered and everything by the time the retrieval guy had come, so I figure it's not really in a returnable state at that point. And they haven't communicated with me at all about it so I'm going to assume all is well.

If they tell me that I need to return it anyways I'm just gonna tell them I need to wipe it first. They can't force me to hand over a device with my own personal data on it.

I am guessing wal-mart isn't going to find it worth while to fight for some of these objects that where already delivered.. my guess is that they are going to get back what they can and cut their losses....

Hopefully I am right and you get to keep their stuff...
---
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison
#29Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 8:07:28 AM
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Everything done so far has likely been automated so I'll see if they actually try and contact me. My money is on no.
---
#30Worknofun370Posted 11/8/2013 8:29:54 AM
Ch3wy posted...
OK here's a pic of receipt it came with and part of the box. Best you're gonna be able to get.

http://i.imgur.com/PNpNdFI.jpg

Props, nice buy.