This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am amazed at my new PC. O.O

#1ZanimarPosted 11/7/2013 4:09:01 PM
So I got my new PC in yesterday and got everything set up and my gawd, I can understand now why you guys like PC gaming so much. I installed Final Fantasy 14 and it's a lot better than the PS3 version. There were so many effects I didn't even know were there. Heck I didn't even realize how awesome my pets were as a Summoner until playing on a PC. Also having everything running at high to ultra high and at 60 fps is just breath taking.

I'm just so happy with this PC and once I get a better GPU so the PC can last me several years, I think this is gonna be my main means of gaming until the time comes I either need a whole new PC or... I dunno.
---
PSN - Ruxl
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#2ThePCElitistPosted 11/7/2013 4:14:01 PM
Welcome, something something cookies, master race. Enjoy!
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#3DerPancakePosted 11/7/2013 4:15:12 PM
Pictures and specs.
---
EVGA
#4Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 4:16:28 PM
Lol, thanks, now I just gotta find a way to get a certain set of games to work on PC without them looking wonky compared to their original form and I'll be set.

Also trying to find a way to get a full version of Hocus Pocus and getting it to work on PC as well. :(
---
PSN - Ruxl Steam - Renryuu
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#5StormKMDPosted 11/7/2013 4:18:14 PM
Upload some pictures that way we can see! :D

Oh, and we'd love to see your specs.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#6Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 4:22:30 PM
DerPancake posted...
Pictures and specs.

Pictures of the computer? It's nothing special, it's a Dell XPS 8700 that was on sale and ended up being the same price as what I would of had to spend for a worse quality PC and so getting the Dell ends up helping me in more ways than building my own computer would have.

As far as specs, what I can remember is that it is

i7 - 4770 processor
8gb ram
Nvidia GTX 560 TI

and... I dunno what else I would need to put. :(

I plan on eventually upgrading to 16 GB ram (or 32 if it supports it, don't really know yet) and will upgraded the GPU when it's tax season and whatever I can afford that can yield the biggest upgrade will not being a thousand dollars. ;p
---
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#7ThePCElitistPosted 11/7/2013 4:24:15 PM
Zanimar posted...
DerPancake posted...
Pictures and specs.

Pictures of the computer? It's nothing special, it's a Dell XPS 8700 that was on sale and ended up being the same price as what I would of had to spend for a worse quality PC and so getting the Dell ends up helping me in more ways than building my own computer would have.

As far as specs, what I can remember is that it is

i7 - 4770 processor
8gb ram
Nvidia GTX 560 TI

and... I dunno what else I would need to put. :(

I plan on eventually upgrading to 16 GB ram (or 32 if it supports it, don't really know yet) and will upgraded the GPU when it's tax season and whatever I can afford that can yield the biggest upgrade will not being a thousand dollars. ;p

Actually surprised by these specs. The GPU is a little old but you're still set for gaming with it and you mentioned earlier you were planning on upgrading soon anyway.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#8somebody336Posted 11/7/2013 4:25:25 PM
Congratz :D
#9Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 4:28:15 PM
ThePCElitist posted...
The GPU is a little old but you're still set for gaming with it and you mentioned earlier you were planning on upgrading soon anyway.

Yeah, I bought the GPU a year or so earlier as part of trying to make World of Warcraft do more than 30 fps, but ended having to put it on the back burner since the computer I bought it for was a crappy Gateway that uses that APU chip and I didn't know about it at the time of purchase and the card was way too strong for my old computer which was a Compaq Presario with a Intel Dual Core and was outdated back when I first bought it, lol.

Now though the Presario is dying (which is part of the reason I went and got me a new PC) and my dad's using the Gateway since he only uses it for internet and music and he loves Windows 8 while I don't care for it and love Windows 7 (which is what I have on this PC).
---
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#10Mitch35Posted 11/7/2013 4:32:47 PM
Nice :) enjoy your new PC.
---
i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | MSI Z77A-G45 ATX | MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr III | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Blue | XFX PRO750w Bronze | CM HAF-X