This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am amazed at my new PC. O.O

#21Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 4:58:14 PM
Asellus posted...
that there's no quality difference between dvi and hdmi.

Ooo, so basically having the DVI cable is the same quality as HD, or would I still need to do that converter thing and plug the DVI cable into the mini-hdmi slot on the gpu?
---
PSN - Ruxl Steam - Renryuu
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#22LyokoNinjaPosted 11/7/2013 4:59:38 PM
Doesn't HDMI include audio while DVI is strictly video? Why someone would output sound through their monitor is beyond me, though.
#23AsellusPosted 11/7/2013 5:02:34 PM
Ooo, so basically having the DVI cable is the same quality as HD, or would I still need to do that converter thing and plug the DVI cable into the mini-hdmi slot on the gpu?

Exactly the same. The only difference is that hdmi also carries sound while dvi is purely video (well it can also carry sound but that's a bit unofficial and not usually supported).
#24Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 5:05:02 PM
Ah, ok, I gotcha. Well I got my speakers and the built in sound card for sound so I'll stick with the DVI cable. Thanks guys, I had been so confused about the DVI cable since I first started using it with my old 1440x900 monitor. :)
---
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#25BogePosted 11/7/2013 5:18:46 PM
As I always say, those that argue that console gaming is better, haven't had any significant experiences with PC gaming.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#26Zanimar(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 5:26:23 PM
Boge posted...
As I always say, those that argue that console gaming is better, haven't had any significant experiences with PC gaming.

Oh I was never one to say that one method of video game playing was better than another, I was always a proponent of play what you are most comfortable with, I just am comfortable with all formats though I've always been partial to PC since it's what I've played most since I was a child playing DooM, Hocus Pocus, and Star Craft (along with other games I've forgotten now).
---
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#27BogePosted 11/7/2013 6:12:57 PM(edited)
Zanimar posted...
Boge posted...

Oh I was never one to say that one method of video game playing was better than another, I was always a proponent of play what you are most comfortable with, I just am comfortable with all formats though I've always been partial to PC since it's what I've played most since I was a child playing DooM, Hocus Pocus, and Star Craft (along with other games I've forgotten now).

I wasn't pointing any fingers at you. I've just never heard anyone say,"I just bought a gaming PC and the console experience is better!" Once you've tried gaming on a capable PC, you will see that the PC experience is better...not you Zanimar, but YOU person that is trying PC gaming.

Only those that haven't experienced it argue it. They are not enlightened.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#28NingishzidaPosted 11/7/2013 7:03:35 PM(edited)
Zanimar posted...
So I got my new PC in yesterday

I installed Final Fantasy 14

lol @ this thing

It enters into master race platform

first thing it does is play a filthy console peasant game at increased fidelity and framerate (an overrated jRPG franchise of the 14th iteration, no less)

what a PC peasant.
#29NingishzidaPosted 11/7/2013 7:01:49 PM
Zanimar posted...
Also having everything running at high to ultra high and at 60 fps is just breath taking.

actually, that's normal. but i guess you're used to 120p@12-22 fps.

i remember when all console games ran at 60fps, 20 years ago.
#30Dillinger7311Posted 11/7/2013 7:10:31 PM
This is how I play FFXIV. I do feel sorry for the console peasants. Glad you made the switch to the Master Race.

@ 5760x1080

http://imgur.com/a/wuGst#0
---
i7 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | SLI EVGA GTX SC ACX 780's | Corsair Vengeance 16GB
2400Mhz | Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD | Corsair AX 860i |