This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Im thinking about playing World of Warcraft... Any point 10 years in?

#1GwynsSonSolairePosted 11/7/2013 8:37:23 PM
Will i always be a scrub compared to everyone else?

Would i need to play 20 hours a day to catch up to everyone?

4 expansions worth of content to get through...

or

should i resub to ff14 online? I stopped playing after the free game time ran out due to lack of time
---
Official TimePharaoh Fanboy #1
Put this in your sig if you are a TimePharaoh fanboy
#2DerPancakePosted 11/7/2013 8:38:20 PM(edited)
Play Guild Wars 2.

Actually just go play Ragnarok Online.
---
EVGA
#3GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 8:39:02 PM
DerPancake posted...
Play Guild Wars 2.

Im done with that trash, temporary content isnt good enough, and the game lacks any sense of community except near the timed events
---
#4-CJF-Posted 11/7/2013 8:40:09 PM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Will i always be a scrub compared to everyone else? Would i need to play 20 hours a day to catch up to everyone?

That's pretty much the case with any MMO. I personally don't think MMOs are worth the time sink, but some may disagree.
#5GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 8:43:16 PM
-CJF- posted...
Will i always be a scrub compared to everyone else? Would i need to play 20 hours a day to catch up to everyone?

That's pretty much the case with any MMO. I personally don't think MMOs are worth the time sink, but some may disagree.

is living life even worth the time sink?

unless imortality is obtained in your lifetime... whats the point of doing anything productive in society other than what you enjoy for your temporary existance?
---
#6ATARIJAWAPosted 11/7/2013 8:44:05 PM
Typical GwynSonsSolaire topic. Asking a question he already knows the answer to.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#7CatToyPosted 11/7/2013 8:45:10 PM
You can catch up easily enough in WoW. Raid content in prior expansions is pretty much dummied out, and Dungeon/Raid finder makes it easy for even solo players to get through content.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#8DerPancakePosted 11/7/2013 8:45:24 PM

unless imortality is obtained in your lifetime... whats the point of doing anything productive in society other than what you enjoy for your temporary existance?

If everyone though like that then you, me, and everyone here wouldn't even be born...on second though it doesn't sound so bad...
---
EVGA
#9GwynsSonSolaire(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2013 8:46:31 PM
DerPancake posted...

If everyone though like that then you, me, and everyone here wouldn't even be born...on second though it doesn't sound so bad...

people are born due to people giving into their animalistic evolutionary purpose of life... reproduction. Simplistic minds, might i add.
---
#10LaManoNeraIIPosted 11/7/2013 8:46:47 PM
WoW barely has any serious grind left. I'd actually say it's the least grindy of the popular mainstream MMOs. "Hardcore" players say that's why WoW sucks but after years of playing MMOs I'm personally sick of arbitrary grind.

Tomorrow at Blizzcon there's almost certainly going to be a new expansion announced and WoW expansions usually alter and improve the games in huge ways. People can say what they want about Blizzard but they do do a good job at keeping WoW relevant and up to date.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009