This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Im thinking about playing World of Warcraft... Any point 10 years in?

#21blax34dmPosted 11/7/2013 10:31:18 PM
DerPancake posted...
Play Guild Wars 2.

Actually just go play Ragnarok Online.

is ragnarok any good?
#22d209999Posted 11/7/2013 10:38:41 PM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
As I old school WoW player, I believe it's time to move on. You are too late TC.

I disagree. I've only been playing for about a year, and I'm having a great time.
---
*under construction*
#23DerPancakePosted 11/7/2013 10:49:46 PM
blax34dm posted...
DerPancake posted...
Play Guild Wars 2.

Actually just go play Ragnarok Online.

is ragnarok any good?

It was nice back in its time. Its basicly Diablo in a MMO anime style and more cuter (well at least in the beginning) then the monsters get more creepy.
---
EVGA
#24xcmon3yx2Posted 11/7/2013 10:57:39 PM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
Will i always be a scrub compared to everyone else?

Would i need to play 20 hours a day to catch up to everyone?

4 expansions worth of content to get through...

or

should i resub to ff14 online? I stopped playing after the free game time ran out due to lack of time

gearing up in wow has been streamline, you can get to current tear raiding gear very fast now after hitting 90. FFXIV ARR is just boring
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#25Devil_wings00Posted 11/7/2013 11:13:05 PM
You can easily jump into WoW because the only valid content is the content for the latest expansion, everything else is pointless and obsolete. Leveling takes a bit of time but nothing like it used to. You can level to max in about half the time it took to get to 60 during vanilla these days ;p

Still it's best to jump back into WoW at the beginning of an expansion then in the middle just because everyone is on equal playing ground. If you jump in now you will have to deal with the annoying pricks who will kick you from every group in dungeon finder because you aren't already loaded with epics. You can always try and find a nice guild that will help you get geared.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#26myztikricePosted 11/7/2013 11:14:37 PM
Leveling is only fast because of heirlooms, on a brand new character it's still slow as balls, and Cataclysm takes forever.
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#27Devil_wings00Posted 11/7/2013 11:24:30 PM
myztikrice posted...
Leveling is only fast because of heirlooms, on a brand new character it's still slow as balls, and Cataclysm takes forever.

Heirlooms speed stuff up like crazy but leveling is still stupid fast in comparison to the old days. Getting to 60 took stupidly long, that's why vanilla had so many different leveling tier dungeons because the game was built around you actually taking a break from leveling at level 20-30-40 etc to do the dungeons and content available to you at that level bracket. Not to mention you would run out of quests to do before you out leveled an area so it was either dungeon run or grind until you got leveled up enough to actually move on to new areas without dying horribly. This was also before mods/in game tips telling you where to go to do quests. You had to alt tab out and look at websites or actually read quest text to figure wtf you were supposed to do/where to go. Not to mention actual group quests the required the amount of people suggested and they made up a good portion of quests in any given area.

Cataclysm is a joke compared to back then. All you do there is grab quests and do them across 2-3 zones and you're done. You/re always doing something.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#28claytonbuckleyPosted 11/8/2013 6:11:25 AM
GwynsSonSolaire topic
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#29MagnemightPosted 11/8/2013 6:29:51 AM
Devil_wings00 posted...
Not to mention you would run out of quests to do before you out leveled an area so it was either dungeon run or grind until you got leveled up enough to actually move on to new areas without dying horribly.

Eh...generally there were areas with overlapping level ranges, so you'd never run out of quests; you'd just go to a place that may have been slightly too high or low level for you. There was never any need for classic MMO grinding with killing enemies nonstop and whatnot.
---
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Download the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243
#30kyler45Posted 11/8/2013 6:48:37 AM
GwynsSonSolaire posted...
akuma634 posted...
IIRC WoW lets you play to level 20 for free. You can try that first and if you get hooked get the full game and the expansions.

good idea thanks for actually responding to my topic instead of derailing my thread like time pharaoh

Just so you know, with WoW the first 20 levels aren't necessarily the best way to judge the game, I played it for a while, and hit the max level cap fast without needing to play 20 hours a day (I played on and off, some days for a couple hours, some days for none).

If the first 20 levels get you hooked though, then by all means continue playing! That being said there isn't a lot of difference in the first 20 levels in WoW than there is in any other MMORPG.

Also, as a tip: Play on the RolePlay (RP) servers, everyone there is much nicer, you don't even have to RP, just from what I've noticed there is significantly less rude people.
---
Xbox Live: Kyler45
AC:CF 0605-3418-4438 Name: Kyler Town: Larova