This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so hows battlefield 4 now thats its had a little time to settle?

#11Orestes417Posted 11/7/2013 11:30:38 PM
Yeah I was on 8.1 from day one so maybe it is a win 7 issue
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#12blankempathyPosted 11/7/2013 11:58:27 PM(edited)
I've had very little issues. I mostly play on a conquest reddit server that seems to have a fairly stable amount of players all the time. No crashing or anyhting like that. However one of maps seems to have a sound bug. I'm also using windows 7. I'm enjoying the game more then Bf3.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#13_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/8/2013 3:25:50 AM
The game is great, but broken at the moment.

It is not just the crashes , losing game saves and all that. But there is currently also a huge problem with things serverside and clientside not being synchronized at all. As a result, you sometimes do not see opponents actions, animations do not match actions, and people are not actually where your screen is telling you they are. This makes the game very frustrating. Bullet trails appear a second after impact, things blow up before the animation of the RPG is even near them, you get shot after ducking behind cover, people seem to one shot you but that is just because they have been shooting at you longer than you can see on your screen, people shoot you even though they are in a different animation (switching weapons).

The other day I was playing a match and a guy ran around with a shotgun. He killed me a couple of times. And we both had <50 ms latency. Every time he killed me , I heard the shot from his shotgun, and saw that shotgun bullet spread animation after I had been shot.

This affects every aspect of gameplay. BF3 had this to an extent, but it would only pop up and be noticeable every now and again. Now however, it feels constant and it is gamebreaking.

In BF3 they never fixed it, and it was ok because the game was still playable. If they do not fix this, they essentially just made a very expensive , huge game with all the bells and whistles like levolution, customization, vehicles, destructability, but none of it will matter. Few people will tolerate this and keep playing/ invest into this game. I sure wont. Really hoping this is something that can still be fixed. If not, then this game is a @#$ tragedy.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#14LordSeiferPosted 11/8/2013 5:09:54 AM
The other day I was playing a match and a guy ran around with a shotgun. He killed me a couple of times. And we both had <50 ms latency. Every time he killed me , I heard the shot from his shotgun, and saw that shotgun bullet spread animation after I had been shot.

sounds like just a symptom of the server prioritizing certain events, ie bullets and deaths and giving low priority to things like particle effects. although if the netcode / servers would great it shouldnt happen.

weird stuff like that used to happen in halo on console a lot, environmental effects had low priority so explosives on the map would explode before you saw them explode among others
---
^ this
#15RolloverBouncinPosted 11/8/2013 5:16:05 AM
I'm still having low fps issues. My setup can run bf3 on ultra fine but in bf4 @ medium or low settings I only get 20s or lower fps. And it stays the same even when I set it on ultra. Also have the latest drivers. Using win 7. So yeah it's broken as hell.
---
#16LordSeiferPosted 11/8/2013 5:25:16 AM
what is your CPU
---
^ this
#17El_ZaggyPosted 11/8/2013 5:31:14 AM
it crash a lot for me to the point that I cant play more than 5 minutes
#18Logical_OnePosted 11/8/2013 6:04:00 AM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
I knew it would be bad since the day they announced milking the series.

WTH are you talking about? They haven't milked anything. It's been 2 years since BF3. 2 years is milking it?
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
#19cody4783Posted 11/8/2013 10:45:10 AM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...

It is not just the crashes , losing game saves and all that. But there is currently also a huge problem with things serverside and clientside not being synchronized at all. As a result, you sometimes do not see opponents actions, animations do not match actions, and people are not actually where your screen is telling you they are. This makes the game very frustrating. Bullet trails appear a second after impact, things blow up before the animation of the RPG is even near them, you get shot after ducking behind cover, people seem to one shot you but that is just because they have been shooting at you longer than you can see on your screen, people shoot you even though they are in a different animation (switching weapons).

Yep, happens all the time right now. Same goes for being shot well after being in cover. Shooting at enemies multiple times and not getting hit markers, only to have them shoot you and THEN after you die getting the kill credit (Whereas, if it was working properly they would have died before they had a chance to shoot back). The age-old "Enemy shooting you while reloading" issue persists. Bullet trails going directly into enemies and not registering hits. The list of how broken a lot of this is right now is massive.

One of the most annoying issues regarding client/server synchronization comes with elevator doors. I get shot by people inside of elevators, while the door to the elevator still shows as being shut for me. Hell, there have been times my bullets actually showed *hitting* the door--Or weirder yet, playing with friends I threw a grenade at the closed door, watched it bounce off, yet my friend reported it going into the elevator door (Which was open on his screen) and damaging/killing people inside.

Yes, BF3 shared (And still shares) some of these issues, but they did finally get most the kinks worked out in that game to where it was playable. As it stands BF4 just feels broken and ends up being a frustrating mess; It's like they threw out everything they learned from BF3 and started fresh with netcode made of mushy pudding.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8HwdC.jpg