This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

nVidia = FINISHED

#1DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/7/2013 10:50:43 PM
http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/images/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti/nvidia-geforce-gtx-game-technology-leadership.png

The Power of Radeom Triumphs over this despicably green text with it's jagged red line attack!
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#2GTRagnarokPosted 11/7/2013 10:52:20 PM
Those boxarts seem so cliched.
#3xcmon3yx2Posted 11/7/2013 10:52:51 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/images/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti/nvidia-geforce-gtx-game-technology-leadership.png

The Power of Radeom Triumphs over this despicably green text with it's jagged red line attack!

physx fur
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#4KabtheMentatPosted 11/7/2013 10:53:22 PM(edited)
So the power of Nvidia is a buncha last gen console ports?
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5SchaerMannPosted 11/8/2013 9:41:09 AM
I'd beg to differ. Presently, there are issues, major ones, with both the XBone and PS4, which have enough commonality to tell me that it's a hardware problem. More specifically, the indications are that it's being caused by the modded Jaguar chipset. We're talking frame rate issues, freezing, a version of BSODs, and other things which make playing games difficult at best. So, it may be teething issues of a technology still in infancy, or it could be a basic defect in the configuration of the architecture wherein the demand is greater than the tech can handle. Either way, a very expensive issue for the consoles and AMD.

So, Nvidia is just as finished as PC gaming: Not at all. Also, these topics about 'X = Finished' are stultifying, corny and a perfect example of the phrase 'garbage in, garbage out'. None of these are going anywhere soon, especially one of the competitors in a two-horse race. Competition in business drives innovation onward; one of the core principles of free-market enterprise. Ask the Soviet Union how well their model works. Oh, wait, that's right, the USSR collapsed because their market model bankrupted them.
---
There exist in the world ideas that are the intellectual equivalent of a Twinkie: appealing, tasty, last forever, and utterly devoid of benefit. - Anonymous
#6DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 9:58:57 AM
SchaerMann posted...
I'd beg to differ. Presently, there are issues, major ones, with both the XBone and PS4, which have enough commonality to tell me that it's a hardware problem. More specifically, the indications are that it's being caused by the modded Jaguar chipset. We're talking frame rate issues, freezing, a version of BSODs, and other things which make playing games difficult at best. So, it may be teething issues of a technology still in infancy, or it could be a basic defect in the configuration of the architecture wherein the demand is greater than the tech can handle. Either way, a very expensive issue for the consoles and AMD.

So, Nvidia is just as finished as PC gaming: Not at all. Also, these topics about 'X = Finished' are stultifying, corny and a perfect example of the phrase 'garbage in, garbage out'. None of these are going anywhere soon, especially one of the competitors in a two-horse race. Competition in business drives innovation onward; one of the core principles of free-market enterprise. Ask the Soviet Union how well their model works. Oh, wait, that's right, the USSR collapsed because their market model bankrupted them.

http://s.mlkshk.com/r/2KNX
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
#7ShebeskiiPosted 11/8/2013 10:09:39 AM
SchaerMann posted...

Link about the jaguar chipset?
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#8gastamanPosted 11/8/2013 10:16:24 AM
xcmon3yx2 posted...
physx fur

is that like TressFX???
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#9Hi CPosted 11/8/2013 10:31:04 AM(edited)
"Close up profile of shadowy guy standing menacingly: The Video Game"

Coming 20 times a month for the next 10 years to a Gamestop or Steam sale near you.

I'm overjoyed. Can't f***ing wait.
---
You'll be my John G.
#10MonkeymagePosted 11/8/2013 10:34:31 AM
Hi C posted...
"Close up profile of shadowy guy standing menacingly: The Video Game"

Any other game concept is clearly for children.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI