This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

nVidia = FINISHED

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. nVidia = FINISHED
3 years ago#1
http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/images/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti/nvidia-geforce-gtx-game-technology-leadership.png

The Power of Radeom Triumphs over this despicably green text with it's jagged red line attack!
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
3 years ago#2
Those boxarts seem so cliched.
3 years ago#3
DarkZV2Beta posted...
http://international.download.nvidia.com/geforce-com/international/images/nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-ti/nvidia-geforce-gtx-game-technology-leadership.png

The Power of Radeom Triumphs over this despicably green text with it's jagged red line attack!

physx fur
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
3 years ago#4
So the power of Nvidia is a buncha last gen console ports?
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
3 years ago#5
I'd beg to differ. Presently, there are issues, major ones, with both the XBone and PS4, which have enough commonality to tell me that it's a hardware problem. More specifically, the indications are that it's being caused by the modded Jaguar chipset. We're talking frame rate issues, freezing, a version of BSODs, and other things which make playing games difficult at best. So, it may be teething issues of a technology still in infancy, or it could be a basic defect in the configuration of the architecture wherein the demand is greater than the tech can handle. Either way, a very expensive issue for the consoles and AMD.

So, Nvidia is just as finished as PC gaming: Not at all. Also, these topics about 'X = Finished' are stultifying, corny and a perfect example of the phrase 'garbage in, garbage out'. None of these are going anywhere soon, especially one of the competitors in a two-horse race. Competition in business drives innovation onward; one of the core principles of free-market enterprise. Ask the Soviet Union how well their model works. Oh, wait, that's right, the USSR collapsed because their market model bankrupted them.
There exist in the world ideas that are the intellectual equivalent of a Twinkie: appealing, tasty, last forever, and utterly devoid of benefit. - Anonymous
3 years ago#6
SchaerMann posted...
I'd beg to differ. Presently, there are issues, major ones, with both the XBone and PS4, which have enough commonality to tell me that it's a hardware problem. More specifically, the indications are that it's being caused by the modded Jaguar chipset. We're talking frame rate issues, freezing, a version of BSODs, and other things which make playing games difficult at best. So, it may be teething issues of a technology still in infancy, or it could be a basic defect in the configuration of the architecture wherein the demand is greater than the tech can handle. Either way, a very expensive issue for the consoles and AMD.

So, Nvidia is just as finished as PC gaming: Not at all. Also, these topics about 'X = Finished' are stultifying, corny and a perfect example of the phrase 'garbage in, garbage out'. None of these are going anywhere soon, especially one of the competitors in a two-horse race. Competition in business drives innovation onward; one of the core principles of free-market enterprise. Ask the Soviet Union how well their model works. Oh, wait, that's right, the USSR collapsed because their market model bankrupted them.

http://s.mlkshk.com/r/2KNX
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley
3 years ago#7
SchaerMann posted...

Link about the jaguar chipset?
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
3 years ago#8
xcmon3yx2 posted...
physx fur

is that like TressFX???
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
3 years ago#9
"Close up profile of shadowy guy standing menacingly: The Video Game"

Coming 20 times a month for the next 10 years to a Gamestop or Steam sale near you.

I'm overjoyed. Can't f***ing wait.
You'll be my John G.
3 years ago#10
Hi C posted...
"Close up profile of shadowy guy standing menacingly: The Video Game"

Any other game concept is clearly for children.
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. nVidia = FINISHED

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived