This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me build the most insane computer ever

#1TheDuckInPondPosted 11/8/2013 11:17:12 AM
Hello everybody, I felt like that was a necessary greeting since I'm new here. Anyway, I've been a PC gamer for a couple of years now, but my "Gaming PC" (if you can call it that) can play games at average/below average in terms of performance in graphics. So I've been saving up some money to build me a Gaming PC. Now, I don't just want to build a pretty good PC, I want to build the best. And I think I have the money to do this. I have little over $5,000 American saved up for building a PC. There's only one problem.....

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to buying good parts. So I figured it was a good shot to ask you lovely people here at Gamefaqs to help me. As I said, I got Five Grand so money shouldn't be an issue.
#2HaMMeRHeaD25Posted 11/8/2013 11:19:05 AM
You only need two grand for a top system, or three grand if you are not willing to build it yourself.

Somebody else will chime in with the specifics, but five grand is way too much. Save your money
---
Ya ave a license fa dem dubs?
#3TheDuckInPond(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 11:20:11 AM
Obviously I'm not gonna use all the money. I'm just stating I have upwards of 5 grand. I don't expect to pay more than 3 grand at most.
#4ChetyrePosted 11/8/2013 11:22:28 AM
there is no best, you can always add something more extreme to what you have as long as you have the money. 1 large capacity SSD? Why not 8 of them or something ludicrous like that?
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#5SzymaaPosted 11/8/2013 11:23:22 AM
Look into the HAL-9000 series.

The advances they've made in artificial intelligence are staggering...
---
~Bow chicka bow wow~
I survived ApocalyPS3 & ApocalyPS3 2: Among Thieves
#6MasterDonGeroPosted 11/8/2013 11:23:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7steveboblarryPosted 11/8/2013 11:23:39 AM
HaMMeRHeaD25 posted...
You only need two grand for a top system, or three grand if you are not willing to build it yourself.

Somebody else will chime in with the specifics, but five grand is way too much. Save your money

2 grand is ultra
---
What Miley Cyrus did was not twerking, it was windshield wiping
#8aak57Posted 11/8/2013 11:24:11 AM
Honestly, most of the cost from a top end setup would be from peripherals. The actual tower would probably go up to $2k.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#9Ch3wyPosted 11/8/2013 11:25:14 AM
aak57 posted...
Honestly, most of the cost from a top end setup would be from peripherals. The actual tower would probably go up to $2k.

Not if you man up and get tri-SLI 780ti's.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#10TheDuckInPond(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 11:28:02 AM
Also if anybody has any suggestions for great websites to buy parts from, that would be appreciated.