This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 780 vs GTX 780 Ti...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 780 vs GTX 780 Ti...
3 years ago#1
Is that extra $200 worth it? I'm being forced (wife) to sell my GTX 770 to my brother-in-law (at a ridiculous price--$175 for a GB Windforce) so I figure I'll upgrade. ATM I'm at 1080p but I plan on buying a 1440p monitor VERY soon (maybe even while I order the card).

I've looked at all the reviews and although I find the Ti alluring, I'm not sure that I can justify the $200 difference.

Any input would be appreciated.
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
3 years ago#2
If you can afford, it's about ~20% faster. You can decide if that's worth $200 to you. I got my 780Ti today and love it. It's destroying any game I can throw at it. Playing at 1080p 120hz.
"It sounds like an angry, drunken bear being shot from a cannon."-AutoMobile Mag commenting on the Audi RS4.
3 years ago#3
Killur XFalcon posted...
If you can afford, it's about ~20% faster. You can decide if that's worth $200 to you. I got my 780Ti today and love it. It's destroying any game I can throw at it. Playing at 1080p 120hz.

Yeah, I noticed it literally ROFLstomps anything at 1080p. If I get the 780 Ti I may hold off on the monitor for a couple of weeks LOL.
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3
3 years ago#4
20% faster for 40% more. That's actually not a bad return at the high end. If your budget allows for it, I'd go for it.
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
3 years ago#5
I think I'm going TI in the next couple of weeks. I should be able to get about $300 for my 680 so only $400 will come out of pocket.
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
3 years ago#6
seems like a waste to not have a 120hz or 144hz monitor with it
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
3 years ago#7
Garquille14 posted...
seems like a waste to not have a 120hz or 144hz monitor with it

Like I said--I'm planning on buying a new monitor either with it or soon after.
3 years ago#8
Logical_One posted...
Is that extra $200 worth it? I'm being forced (wife) to sell my GTX 770 to my brother-in-law (at a ridiculous price--$175 for a GB Windforce) so I figure I'll upgrade. ATM I'm at 1080p but I plan on buying a 1440p monitor VERY soon (maybe even while I order the card).

I've looked at all the reviews and although I find the Ti alluring, I'm not sure that I can justify the $200 difference.

can I ask why your wife is forcing you to sell your card for well below what you could get.
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
3 years ago#9
chrono625 posted...
Logical_One posted...

can I ask why your wife is forcing you to sell your card for well below what you could get.

It's her brother...?
3 years ago#10
Ok. But WHY?
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XXI/XXV/XLII/XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 780 vs GTX 780 Ti...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived