This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any platformers on PC with world maps like mario world?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. any platformers on PC with world maps like mario world?

User Info: EbonMagician

EbonMagician
3 years ago#1
I'm trying to find some platformers to play but the thing I love about mario world is its world map, secret exits that change the world map and unlock secret levels and such. anything like this exist? new or old?
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 Vita PSN: Bernkestel
FFXIV: Bernkastel Kues - Diabolos

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
3 years ago#2
Super Mario World played on an emulator has maps just like Mario World.
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
(message deleted)

User Info: EbonMagician

EbonMagician
3 years ago#4
anyone know of any others besides that? not mario games or hacks.
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 Vita PSN: Bernkestel
FFXIV: Bernkastel Kues - Diabolos

User Info: stav8

stav8
3 years ago#5
Ms. Splosion man
Rayman Origins (kinda)

User Info: temgun

temgun
3 years ago#6
Super Meat Boy is exactly like that with the dark world, glitch levels, warp zones and all that.

User Info: Scroe

Scroe
3 years ago#7
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm has a level select screen with paths and secret exits but it's not on a map
Don't hinder Jinder
I'm a white girl with nice boobs

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#8
If I could attain a state of amnesia while playing Super Mario World, I would be so freaking happy. I know the game inside and out, and while it's still really fun to play, I want to experience the thrill of figuring out all the secrets.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: Magnemight

Magnemight
3 years ago#9
MasterDonGero posted...
If I could attain a state of amnesia while playing Super Mario World, I would be so freaking happy. I know the game inside and out, and while it's still really fun to play, I want to experience the thrill of figuring out all the secrets.

Then try out all the ROM hacks and fangames that are based on Super Mario World.
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Download the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243

User Info: 30aught6

30aught6
3 years ago#10
Magnemight posted...
MasterDonGero posted...

Then try out all the ROM hacks and fangames that are based on Super Mario World.

http://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lm/

Also, Yoshi's Island.
| i7-3930K | MSI Big Bang-XPower II | GTX 680 4GB X2 | CORSAIR DDR3 32GB | Thermaltake TP Grand 1200W | Seagate 240GB SSD | WD Black 4TB | Fractal Define XLR2 |
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. any platformers on PC with world maps like mario world?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived