This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does video quality on youtube really change sound quality?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does video quality on youtube really change sound quality?
2 years ago#1
I've heard a few people say that it does and looked it up and most people agree that it does, but I've switched from 144p to 1080p and can't really notice a difference. I'm using semi-expensive speakers, too.
2 years ago#2
semi expensive speaks dont always mean quality speakers.plus if you are using good speakers but onboard sound then you wont know a difference
2 years ago#3
Not everyone can hear subtle differences in audio quality. Did you try it with music?
---
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.
2 years ago#4
I have onboard sound and I can easily hear the difference.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
2 years ago#5
wildog2006 posted...
Not everyone can hear subtle differences in audio quality. Did you try it with music?

Yea, it was with music videos when I was testing. Forgot to say that.
2 years ago#6
Their 360p definitely has the sound quality degraded a bit. I've never noticed a difference with anything higher though.
2 years ago#7
There is definitely a difference between 720p and 480p.
---
lolcaps
2 years ago#8
it varies radically for each video

sometimes 480 to 1080 is little to no difference, and sometimes 480 to 720 is significant
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
2 years ago#9
no one can see over 480p of sound
---
^ this
2 years ago#10
post a video where you can't tell the difference between 144p and 1080p
---
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does video quality on youtube really change sound quality?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived