This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help me out with a future PC build?

#1LordOfLegaciesPosted 11/8/2013 7:45:15 PM
In a couple of months I'm looking to build a desktop gaming rig to take the place of my laptop I've had for almost 6 years. I'll start with what I've already got:

Monitor - 24 inch 3D 1080p (the one released by Sony for the PS3)
Keyboard
Mouse
5.1 surround sound stereo with a sub

I need everything else, including case and maybe an OS.
I'm looking to spend about a grand, give or take a couple hundred.
I would love for it to still be able to play all of my current games. The oldest game I still play is is Epic 40,000 Final Liberation, but I also play some games like Morrowind, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, KotOR (yeah I still replay them every now and then), etc.
I know this part goes without saying but I want some kickass graphics too, because I'm a graphics whore. I'd love to be able to max out the Crysis games, ArmA 2, Metro 2033, and obviously some next gen games yet to come.

I know that in the world of PCs, a few months can mean drastic changes but I'm just looking for a preliminary build that I'll update when the time to actually purchase it comes. So can someone help me out?
Thanks in advance.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#2gsf4lyfePosted 11/8/2013 7:55:01 PM
$1000 on the nose:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Zu2T

Will run any current game maxed out (with a very small number of exceptions like Metro LL and Witcher 2 with ubersampling) @ 1080p/60fps
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#3LordOfLegacies(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2013 8:00:18 PM
Damn that was fast. Thanks for doing that man, it's much appreciated. Think I'll bump the RAM up to 16 just to be hip. I'm also toying with the idea of a water cooling system as I'm worried about getting it enough ventilation.
---
#4KabtheMentatPosted 11/8/2013 8:29:56 PM
Unless you plan on doing some serious overclocking don't bother with water cooling. If you're worried about heat, just get a decent after marker CPU fan.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5gsf4lyfePosted 11/8/2013 10:08:27 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
Damn that was fast. Thanks for doing that man, it's much appreciated. Think I'll bump the RAM up to 16 just to be hip. I'm also toying with the idea of a water cooling system as I'm worried about getting it enough ventilation.

I wouldn't even bother. Don't take offense to this, but if you're asking for build help on this board you probably aren't going to be pushing the type of overclock that would require water cooling. If you're really worried about heat just grab a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for about $30 and call it a day. That's what I'm using and it dropped my idle temps about 15C from stock.
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#6LordOfLegacies(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 12:30:06 AM
gsf4lyfe posted...
LordOfLegacies posted...

I wouldn't even bother. Don't take offense to this, but if you're asking for build help on this board you probably aren't going to be pushing the type of overclock that would require water cooling. If you're really worried about heat just grab a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for about $30 and call it a day. That's what I'm using and it dropped my idle temps about 15C from stock.

No offense taken, you are absolutely correct on that. Thank you for the advice, sir.
---