This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

looking for a "gaming" laptop for under 400 pounds

#1CoxydonPosted 11/9/2013 6:12:57 AM
I put the word gaming in quotation marks, because I use the term loosely, I am looking for a laptop that can run games comfortably, not things like battlefield, it will be used a lot on Minecraft which it should easily handle and games like total war series, shogun to be more specific.
Well my computer recently broke, but it has been time for an upgrade for a while, I only have 400 tops to spend and a laptop is essential so I cannot get a cheaper higher speced desktop.
I have been scouring the internet for help and would love some advice from the wonderful gamefaqs community.
I do not have all the money currently, so it will have to be brought on the "Very" website or something similar, as they run a pay nothing for 12 months, so I can easily pay it off In that time.

Thanks in advance everyone, it means a lot :)
---
The Walking Dead game has made me question the consequences to every action in my day to day life..
#2ivanwind15Posted 11/9/2013 6:37:23 AM
Sounds heavy.
---
My gaming Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
#3phy2jshPosted 11/9/2013 6:37:40 AM
Coxydon posted...

I have been scouring the internet for help and would love some advice from the wonderful gamefaqs community.

Hmm, I think you are going to be disappointed...
---
Posted using GameFlux
#4Coxydon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 6:39:35 AM
phy2jsh posted...
Coxydon posted...

Hmm, I think you are going to be disappointed...

I have been a gamefaqs user for a while, I know that a large portion of the community is awful, but there is a good side to gamefaqs and I am asking them for help
---
The Walking Dead game has made me question the consequences to every action in my day to day life..
#5thebladeofwoePosted 11/9/2013 6:39:58 AM
Hello there. The laptop in my sig was from very, it was 499 though... after a deal too.

It smashes minecraft (surprisingly) easy 70+ fps on normal.can play bf3 on low at 60fps erm... loads of newer games at decent settings too. Skyrim, on high with qiute a few mods. It is a wkid laptop for the price.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
Fc 3969-4396-9870
#6Coxydon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 6:40:36 AM
ivanwind15 posted...
Sounds heavy.

Is that all you have to contribute..?
---
#7thebladeofwoePosted 11/9/2013 6:42:38 AM
http://www.very.co.uk/e/q/a10.end?_requestid=446218

Here there both over budget, but easily worth it.

If you can save an extra 200/300 moar, you can get a fairly decent machine from very.
---
Fc 3969-4396-9870
#8Coxydon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 6:43:37 AM
thebladeofwoe posted...
Hello there. The laptop in my sig was from very, it was 499 though... after a deal too.

It smashes minecraft (surprisingly) easy 70+ fps on normal.can play bf3 on low at 60fps erm... loads of newer games at decent settings too. Skyrim, on high with qiute a few mods. It is a wkid laptop for the price.

Sounds great, although Im not sure i could push to 500, i believe atm they are doing a 10 percent off which should help xD
I have no clue what i am talking about when it comes to hardware, so is there anything in particular i should keep an eye out for? And are there any other laptops you'd recommend?
---
#9xcmon3yx2Posted 11/9/2013 6:45:57 AM
Coxydon posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...

Sounds great, although Im not sure i could push to 500, i believe atm they are doing a 10 percent off which should help xD
I have no clue what i am talking about when it comes to hardware, so is there anything in particular i should keep an eye out for? And are there any other laptops you'd recommend?

yeah the HD8750m, as for intel/nvidia based laptops, its not happening for 400 sterling, you may find a GT650m for that price which is pretty decent
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#10thebladeofwoePosted 11/9/2013 6:47:18 AM
Coxydon posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...

For that price range? No way mate. There is 469 one, HP envy A10 with a dedicated card. Not a bad card either.
---
Fc 3969-4396-9870