This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

looking for a "gaming" laptop for under 400 pounds

#11xcmon3yx2Posted 11/9/2013 6:48:32 AM
thebladeofwoe posted...
Coxydon posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...
Hello there. The laptop in my sig was from very, it was 499 though... after a deal too.

It smashes minecraft (surprisingly) easy 70+ fps on normal.can play bf3 on low at 60fps erm... loads of newer games at decent settings too. Skyrim, on high with qiute a few mods. It is a wkid laptop for the price.

Sounds great, although Im not sure i could push to 500, i believe atm they are doing a 10 percent off which should help xD
I have no clue what i am talking about when it comes to hardware, so is there anything in particular i should keep an eye out for? And are there any other laptops you'd recommend?

For that price range? No way mate. There is 469 one, HP envy A10 with a dedicated card. Not a bad card either.

hd8750m
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#12thebladeofwoePosted 11/9/2013 6:50:53 AM
xcmon3yx2 posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...
Coxydon posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...
Hello there. The laptop in my sig was from very, it was 499 though... after a deal too.

It smashes minecraft (surprisingly) easy 70+ fps on normal.can play bf3 on low at 60fps erm... loads of newer games at decent settings too. Skyrim, on high with qiute a few mods. It is a wkid laptop for the price.

Sounds great, although Im not sure i could push to 500, i believe atm they are doing a 10 percent off which should help xD
I have no clue what i am talking about when it comes to hardware, so is there anything in particular i should keep an eye out for? And are there any other laptops you'd recommend?

For that price range? No way mate. There is 469 one, HP envy A10 with a dedicated card. Not a bad card either.

hd8750m

Yes. I forgot to comment which was it was :-D thanks Xymon.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
Fc 3969-4396-9870
#13Coxydon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 6:51:20 AM
thebladeofwoe posted...
Coxydon posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...

For 400 you don't think I could be playing mimecraft? O.o
My partners laptop is a 330 from very and she plays minecraft on full graphics with a high fps.
Im mire interested on what I would need for shogun total war :p
---
The Walking Dead game has made me question the consequences to every action in my day to day life..
#14thebladeofwoePosted 11/9/2013 7:36:29 AM
Coxydon posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...
Coxydon posted...
thebladeofwoe posted...

For 400 you don't think I could be playing mimecraft? O.o
My partners laptop is a 330 from very and she plays minecraft on full graphics with a high fps.
Im mire interested on what I would need for shogun total war :p

Mind checking the systems specs lol. As I guessed you wanted a laptop with a dedicated card, for 400 it may not be possible (IMO)

I did have a look at that price range, but they are all pentium (most likely P4) erm.

If you can muster 40-50 they you can get the A10. Otherwise you need an i5 AND a decent card for total war. Very cpu bound I am afraid.
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
Fc 3969-4396-9870
#15llamathiefPosted 11/9/2013 1:57:22 PM
ivanwind15 posted...
Sounds heavy.

There's that word again. "Heavy." Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?
---
Am I a llama that thieves, or a pilferer of llamas? You may never know.
#16kelemvorPosted 11/9/2013 5:03:36 PM
Coxydon posted...
ivanwind15 posted...
Sounds heavy.

Is that all you have to contribute..?

Yep, the awful side of the GameFAQs community comes out in the very first reply.

I don't have much to add, except that my HD3000 integrated laptop card just *barely* runs Minecraft. The HD4000 is around twice as powerful as a HD3000, I think. Use that as your baseline. I'm not sure about the AMD side.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane