This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Valve bought the Xbox division, would buy an Xbone?

#1KidIcarootsPosted 11/9/2013 6:43:11 AM
Don't know if you guys heard, but rumors are getting stronger that Microsoft might cave to the many shareholder's pleas and actually sell the Xbox division (which according to a business analyst is losing 2 billion a year).

Let's say Valve decides to pick it up. Would you immediately be excited by the prospect of a Valve owned Xbox One or does this mean nothing to you because it's not a PC anyway and PC not just Steam and is always better than consoles?
#2daemon_danPosted 11/9/2013 6:46:28 AM
No. Just no
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#3thefabregas22Posted 11/9/2013 6:47:09 AM
Depends on the exclusives.

If valve did something unique instead of focusing on power like sony and microsoft I would nearly defo pick it up
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#4HydroCannabinolPosted 11/9/2013 6:47:15 AM
Stupid post.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#5KabtheMentatPosted 11/9/2013 6:50:56 AM
thefabregas22 posted...

If valve did something unique instead of focusing on power like sony and microsoft I would nearly defo pick it up

That's kinda what Nintendo did...look where that got them.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#6DisastersaurusPosted 11/9/2013 6:53:08 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
thefabregas22 posted...

Overwhelming success and critical acclaim?

Oh man, that does sound awful.

And before you start calling out the Wii U, it's not really old enough to consider a failure yet - especially considering sales have been spiking.
---
hella butts
#7KabtheMentatPosted 11/9/2013 6:56:50 AM
A 1000% increase over barely 3,000 isn't something I'd flip my **** over.

They're only kicking ass in the handheld department and that's only because of A) Pokemon and B) That's all Japan does regarding games anymore. Wii U won't be the next Virtual Boy, but it will be the next Sega Saturn or Dreamcast.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#8PhilOnDezPosted 11/9/2013 6:57:17 AM
The xbone no, whatever came afterwards maybe but if Valve owned it then I doubt there'd be any exclusives for it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#9KidIcaroots(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 6:57:36 AM
HydroCannabinol posted...
Stupid post.

Please elaborate.
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/9/2013 6:59:35 AM
Disastersaurus posted...
KabtheMentat posted...
thefabregas22 posted...

Overwhelming success and critical acclaim?

Oh man, that does sound awful.

And before you start calling out the Wii U, it's not really old enough to consider a failure yet - especially considering sales have been spiking.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wii-u-sales-plummet-as-nintendo-records-quarterly-profit/1100-6412268/

They only sold 160,000 Wii Us worldwide in 3 months, it hasn't picked up much since then either

http://www.christianpost.com/news/wii-u-sales-surpass-460000-units-worldwide-thanks-in-part-to-pokemon-x-and-y-107830/

460,000 units sold Worldwide in 6 months, ending date is Sept 30th

That's a Christian site, why would they lie?
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600