This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any know any good 3d collectathons?

#1me4wii512Posted 11/9/2013 9:50:16 AM
I swear besides A Hat in Time, there hasn't been one of these types of games in years. The closest things have been maybe the Assassin's Creed games or the Mario Galaxy games, but those aren't really true 3d collectathons. I'm talking about games like:

Spyro 1,2, 3
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Banjo Kazooie and Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Rocket: Robot on Wheels

And besides that, I can't really think of any more that truly satisfy the conditions of a 3d collectathon (though Mario 64 comes close). Does anyone know of any games that I missed that are collectathons?
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 11/9/2013 9:53:39 AM
RE6 actually has a decent amount of extra stuff to collect, obviously its nothing like the games you mentioned though.

Terraria is kind of like that too, but both rely on heavy doses of combat.

Theres also a few games that are VERY similiar to what you're looking for on the Starcraft 2 Arcade
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3capgamerPosted 11/9/2013 9:53:51 AM
The Sly Cooper games, sorta. There's a collection of the the first 3 on PS3 and there was the newer one Thieves In Time that came out recently. Not exactly what you're looking for though.

Little Big Planet is kind of a 2d collectathon.

The Batman games are on the edge of this... riddler trophies, etc.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#4me4wii512(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 9:56:02 AM
LittleBigPlanet and Sly Cooper are lot more focused on completing levels/missions. I guess the first Sly Cooper is almost a collectathon, but it's not really what I'm talking about. What's StarCraft 2 arcade?
#5stmstrPosted 11/9/2013 9:56:46 AM
Psychonauts is getting old but it's still Psychonauts
#6me4wii512(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 9:59:54 AM
stmstr posted...
Psychonauts is getting old but it's still Psychonauts

Psychonauts has a lot to collect in it, but collecting is not really the point. There aren't really huge levels with tons to do and lots of paths to pursue (well Spyro isn't really that way either (actually Spyro doesn't really fit all that well in the collectathon category)), the collecting is more of something to come back to if you want to get more out of the game.
#7Cool_Dude667Posted 11/9/2013 10:04:15 AM
Starcraft 2 arcade is custom maps in Sc2
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#8KingDFizzlePosted 11/9/2013 10:12:42 AM
I miss the Banjo games.
#9SpazH3dPosted 11/9/2013 10:40:52 AM
Try the Lego games. I suggest Lego Lord of the rings and Lego Marvel. They're really good games.
---
- My vision is augmented
#10lionheart5656Posted 11/9/2013 10:52:17 AM
me4wii512 posted...
I swear besides A Hat in Time, there hasn't been one of these types of games in years. The closest things have been maybe the Assassin's Creed games or the Mario Galaxy games, but those aren't really true 3d collectathons. I'm talking about games like:

Spyro 1,2, 3
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Banjo Kazooie and Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Rocket: Robot on Wheels

And besides that, I can't really think of any more that truly satisfy the conditions of a 3d collectathon (though Mario 64 comes close). Does anyone know of any games that I missed that are collectathons?

Your definition of collectathons is too ****ed up to be able to make a real suggestion.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.