This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This reminded me why I don't buy Blizzard games anymore

#31ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/9/2013 6:02:51 PM
DerPancake posted...
Its one of the best RTS...

It took the fundamentals from SC1. SC1 was one of the best. And yet, it's dying competitively.

They couldn't even get custom games without screwing everything up, right down to the map maker.
#32noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 6:04:15 PM(edited)
DerPancake posted...

One of the best of modern times, and the single-player missions offer more variety than SC1 did... but SC1 required more skill and player intelligence than SC2 does.

It may be top-dog on modern charts, but it still pales when compared to its former self.
---
http://postimage.org/image/5h4szslj9/
Man, you are think. - KrazyDago101's attempt to insult me
#33DerPancakePosted 11/9/2013 6:06:13 PM(edited)
noimnoturdaddy posted...
DerPancake posted...

One of the best of modern times, and the single-player missions offer more variety than SC1 did... but SC1 required more skill and player intelligence than SC2 does.

It may be top-dog on modern charts, but it still pales when compared to its former self.

Why? because you could only control 12 units at a time on Starcraft 1?
---
EVGA
#34Sc24lifePosted 11/9/2013 6:08:23 PM
DerPancake posted...
ShadowThaReaper posted...

SC2 was so badly handled in every single way.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/11m21k/starcraft_2_will_be_dead_before_legacy_of_the/
---
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha
#35DerPancakePosted 11/9/2013 6:13:55 PM(edited)
Sc24life posted...
DerPancake posted...

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/11m21k/starcraft_2_will_be_dead_before_legacy_of_the/

Pretty much the whole RTS genre is declining. I know of those problems, but that isn't the reason Starcraft 2 is declining.
---
EVGA
#36noimnoturdaddy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 8:53:12 PM
bump for noobs
---
http://postimage.org/image/5h4szslj9/
Man, you are think. - KrazyDago101's attempt to insult me
#37_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/10/2013 3:12:45 AM(edited)
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
Did not click the link. However, Blizzard is one of the few developers we have left that produces and releases AAA titles for exclusively the PC or with the PC as lead platform. You may say you hate them now, but when they are no longer here, and there is no one around to make a Starcraft, you might feel differently.

Who gives a crap? Their games suck now.

I do , many people do. The loss of support for the PC platform in terms of PC platform specific developed titles can already be felt. When we lose companies investing in non-multiplatform titles, some genres, like RTS or arcade shooters will go the way of the dodo. In fact, they are already on the brink of extinction. And even if you think "their games suck now", there are hundreds of thousands of players for whom Blizzard games are the main draw into PC gaming. I also personally disagree that Starcraft 2 sucks, but I guess that is subjective (I also do not think that the general consensus is that it sucks). That franchise by itself is enough for me to want blizzard around.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#38_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/10/2013 3:15:31 AM(edited)
noimnoturdaddy posted...
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...
Did not click the link. However, Blizzard is one of the few developers we have left that produces and releases AAA titles for exclusively the PC or with the PC as lead platform. You may say you hate them now, but when they are no longer here, and there is no one around to make a Starcraft, you might feel differently.

If you think D3 was designed with PC being the "main platform", you're deluding yourself... not only do the console versions *already* have the no AH, improved loot system, and offline mode when playing single-player (for lag-free gameplay), the PS4 version is *also* getting a feature that won't be available on PC:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/8/5082890/diablo-3-for-ps4-has-exclusive-features-not-available-on-pc-ps3

AAA dev? Yes. Exclusively PC focused? No. Lol. I'm pretty sure from here on out, the Diablo franchise is going to be a console-centric experience. I wouldn't be surprised if "Titan" came out as a multi-platform release as well. And if there was a way they could do it, I'm sure Starcraft would make the leap as well. There's just more money in it, the user base is easier to please, and piracy is less of a problem (since it relies on hardware modification, instead of one guy cracking a code and uploading it for everyone else to download).

By saying "produces and releases AAA titles for exclusively the PC or with the PC as lead platform" I meant that they produce and release AAA titles that are exclusively on PC or with the PC as lead platform. Blizzard has released games on console even long before D3, like the Lost vikings etc. I am perfectly aware of this.

---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#39RevenancedPosted 11/10/2013 4:28:42 AM
The Q & A session is potentially the coolest part of the entire con but it's always ruined by people with stupid questions, like the one posed here. It's like the Blizzcons 08-10 where different people asked when druids would get a different model that distinguished between genders. Or maybe all those questions about when paladins would get an initiator ability similar to charge.
---
-[Supporter of PS4][Xbox 360 User][FF Fan][Tales of Fan][Black Ops Fan][Elder Scrolls Fan]-
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC
#40Chaos_MissilePosted 11/11/2013 10:17:14 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb-wfG7Ilj0#t=49m45s

*watches video*
*facepalms at questioner*

Why the heck did he NOT follow up on that question by citing the console version's offline mode?

He really should've expected that kinda of answer regarding Blizzard's "no offline" policy with their recent games from pretty much all gaming news sites.

Cool_Dude667 posted...
True but come on, if you're playing a Diablo game offline it's just sad.

leon_trunks posted...
That's what I think too. Why are people crying for an offline more? Don't you want to kick demon a** with your friends? Don't you want enemies to be stronger and more in number?

I think people are just bashing the game because they think it makes them intelligent.

Human psychology dictates that they would rather play with friends than alone. So, what happens when you're itching for a game and NONE of the people you know are online?

What happens if your internet somehow dies and you're itching for the D3 kick?

D2 had a offline mode, had the ability to allow enemies to be stronger and more in number in offline more. So there's no reason for there to be NO offline mode at all. It'd be like if the Mario platformers all of a sudden required you to always be online to play the game.

This is called "freedom of choice".
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008