This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which games has both a great opening and a great and satisfying ending?

#11Saga3Posted 11/9/2013 1:33:03 PM
Mass Effect 2
#12SteamsterPosted 11/9/2013 1:45:03 PM
Path of Exile

Dude literally pulls a sword out of his own chest to kill you with

Then Dominus is simply holy s***.
#13DiviDudePosted 11/9/2013 1:52:46 PM(edited)
HydroCannabinol posted...
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Witcher 2

I have multiple 'endings' while playing that game...

None of them all that satisfying.
#14ShadowThaReaperPosted 11/9/2013 1:53:28 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
BioShock Infinite

LOL
#15PhilOnDezPosted 11/9/2013 1:53:39 PM
I thought Persona 4 Golden did pretty good. The very beginning is a bit on the slow side and it's about 3 hours before you really have any control which I know is a deal breaker for a lot of people, myself included 99% of the time, but it hooked me pretty early on (basically as soon as the first murder happened, probably 15-20 mins in) and had enough going on before that to have me interested at least. The true ending and epilogue were satisfying to me, though I never played the PS2 version so I'm not sure how much it changed, if at all (I know the epilogue is exclusive to Golden).

I haven't beaten Persona 3 yet but its opening movie immediately snagged my attention like no game I've played before. If its ending is half as good as 4's I'd put it in this category as well, maybe on the opposite end of the spectrum since its opening was so much better than 4's. The actual journey feels like it's dragging on though, with lots and lots of grinding required to progress vs just killing every monster on every floor being plenty of xp in 4.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#16Freakwave003Posted 11/9/2013 1:54:24 PM
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
---
i7 3770K @ 4.4 GHz | GA-Z77-D3H | Corsair H100i | 16GB HyperX Beast | ASUS GTX 770 | Intel 520 SSD | Seasonic 660w Platinum | Corsair 500r
#17InterfusorPosted 11/9/2013 2:00:20 PM
Fallout
---
I am not economically viable.
#18DiviDudePosted 11/9/2013 2:08:29 PM(edited)
PhilOnDez posted...
I thought Persona 4 Golden did pretty good. The very beginning is a bit on the slow side and it's about 3 hours before you really have any control which I know is a deal breaker for a lot of people, myself included 99% of the time, but it hooked me pretty early on (basically as soon as the first murder happened, probably 15-20 mins in) and had enough going on before that to have me interested at least. The true ending and epilogue were satisfying to me, though I never played the PS2 version so I'm not sure how much it changed, if at all (I know the epilogue is exclusive to Golden).

I haven't beaten Persona 3 yet but its opening movie immediately snagged my attention like no game I've played before. If its ending is half as good as 4's I'd put it in this category as well, maybe on the opposite end of the spectrum since its opening was so much better than 4's. The actual journey feels like it's dragging on though, with lots and lots of grinding required to progress vs just killing every monster on every floor being plenty of xp in 4.

Persona 3 definitely has pacing problems, in particular with Tartarus dragging on and running out of things to do during free nights. But the story IMO is better than 4's in pretty much every way.

And there's no silly bulls*** like Ha ha! It was all the gas station attendant at the very beginning of the game, who is also an evil demon for some reason!
#19PhilOnDezPosted 11/9/2013 2:18:32 PM
Yeah, 3 seems to be very story driven where I felt 4 was more about the characters. Not that 3 has bad characters but I'm definitely not attached to them like I am 4's cast. 4 had some pacing issues near the end, especially if you didn't get the true ending (Golden fixes this somewhat with an extra dungeon between December's and the final day) but I didn't really have a problem with Izanami being the MOEL attendant. Seemed logical enough after the explanation and I didn't see it coming at all.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#20SnadadosPosted 11/9/2013 2:39:07 PM
Halflife 2 ep 2
---
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?