This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I find RTS games boring....

#1KillerzOverHerePosted 11/9/2013 4:30:16 PM
Am i looking at them from the wrong perspective?
---
You have gaming pc specs on your sig, which makes you pc gamer, and being pc gamer makes you elitist - Sami1000
#ConsoleGamerMentality
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 11/9/2013 4:31:35 PM
Have you tried Company of Heroes or Sins of a Solar Empire?
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3LyokoNinjaPosted 11/9/2013 4:32:12 PM
I would imagine that if you find them boring, it's just a genre that just doesn't appeal to you. I don't like them either, and I can't really get into FPS games, either. Those two, and the Tales of series. Which is strange, because I love RPGs, regardless of the type.
#4Orestes417Posted 11/9/2013 4:32:45 PM
Always preferred TBS games personally. More room for actual strategy being the determining factor in winning rather than who can reach the highest clicks per minute.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#5KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 4:33:14 PM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Have you tried Company of Heroes or Sins of a Solar Empire?

Yeah, was playing CoH after a friend shot me a key, got bored within 30 minutes.
---
You have gaming pc specs on your sig, which makes you pc gamer, and being pc gamer makes you elitist - Sami1000
#ConsoleGamerMentality
#6KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 4:35:04 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Always preferred TBS games personally. More room for actual strategy being the determining factor in winning rather than who can reach the highest clicks per minute.

I probably sound like a total noob, but wats dat?
---
#ConsoleGamerMentality
#7TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 11/9/2013 4:35:50 PM
KillerzOverHere posted...
Orestes417 posted...

TB = turn-based
RT = real-time

Self-explanatory.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#8KillerzOverHere(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 4:37:18 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
KillerzOverHere posted...
Orestes417 posted...

TB = turn-based
RT = real-time

Self-explanatory.

It would be if I knew what TB meant...so Turn-Based Strategy eh? Why is it called that?
---
#ConsoleGamerMentality
#9arleasPosted 11/9/2013 4:37:55 PM
Some RTS games boil down to either who can run through a predetermined build order the fastest, or who can micromanage the f*** out of the other guy...Those types of RTS kinda suck...

Age of Empires 3 however requires a bit of strategy and it moves a bit slower than some games so you're not penalized for not being jacked up on 5 hour energy. You might also try AI War....as an RTS it requires a LOT more strategy, but it's also kinda hard to get into... Then again, if you find RTS in general boring then AI War will probably be boredom on steroids.

You know what? not all games are for all people. If you don't like em, don't force yourself.
---
http://astats.astats.nl/astats/astats_card_76561197969913402.png
http://i.imgur.com/ByJEpRK.gif
#10_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/9/2013 4:39:39 PM
They can be kind of boring. But they are also the type of game that you get into more , and become more appealing the more you invest into them.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H