This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hobestly can't stand the combat in Witcher 2

#21Incendia_IntusPosted 11/9/2013 5:47:32 PM
I use Full Combat Rebalance and it seems much better.
---
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W
#22CBratePosted 11/9/2013 7:37:33 PM
So don't play it.

I really don't understand the mentality where after wasting money on a game they don't like, they'll continue to waste time on it as well.
#23overkillwfo1978Posted 11/9/2013 7:43:59 PM
The combat and leveling systems are both pretty terrible in TW2. I got a little over halfway through the game and just gave up on it. Damn shame, as it is a great looking game...
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#24green_aboboPosted 11/9/2013 7:53:00 PM
wouldn't be too bad, if geralt wasn't so vulnerable.

I mean its not like the events in the second game take place before the first, if anything, geralt should be harder to kill, not the opposite.

also don't like how you cant use potions on the fly, & the whole premise of preparing before a confrontation is fine, provided you knew what you were about to face.

this is only the case after you actually know what's about to happen. ;)

group style should be a part of combat, not a high level swordsman tier upgrade only.

don't get me wrong, this is easily one of the best rpgs of all time, I look forward to more of a hybrid of the first two games, in terms of overall combat in the upcoming sequel.

if the troll does appear, just give him some vodka. ;)
---
http://music.ska-studios.com/album/charlie-murder
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/
#25lovbbwsPosted 11/9/2013 7:58:37 PM
i didnt like this game either wasnt 1 thing but the combat was a big part of it this is one the few games i actually returned in a long time
#26lovbbwsPosted 11/9/2013 8:02:35 PM
overkillwfo1978 posted...
The combat and leveling systems are both pretty terrible in TW2. I got a little over halfway through the game and just gave up on it. Damn shame, as it is a great looking game...

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin

hahaha RIP mr.carlin def one of the best ever
#27doctoglethorpePosted 11/9/2013 8:31:20 PM
I just toss it on easy and spam signs, the game isn't really about the combat for me.
#28KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/9/2013 8:36:49 PM
I've tried to play The Wicther 2 twice and I found the combat an absolute chore. It's just fun to me and is far too fiddly. I found the Souls games to be better and actually easier overall.

Fans of the series are going to hate me for this comment, but for me personally I hope they simplify it a bit for the 3rd game.
---
PLAYING - Grand Theft Auto V (PS3), Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Call Of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
MOST WANTED - PlayStation 4, Killzone Shadowfall
#29chaoscontrol325Posted 11/9/2013 8:38:18 PM
You're not alone. The combat made me quit the game.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#30TheOceIotPosted 11/9/2013 8:47:39 PM
I heard the Combat Rebalance Mod was a bit glitchy when it first came out, is that still the case?
---
you just can't live in that negative way...make way for the positive day