This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hobestly can't stand the combat in Witcher 2

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I hobestly can't stand the combat in Witcher 2

User Info: SnipeStar

SnipeStar
3 years ago#61
mogexpress1 posted...
its called blocking and counters

you basically run through the game if you do those

this this this.

i ran through the game on normal ignoring bombs, traps, and signs even. an occasional aard here and there, but i never waste any points into them- they all go into sword skills. halfway through the game i was slaughtering groups of anything and everything. i wasn't even using potions that often- hell i used the cat potion more than anything- mainly just before larger battles or boss battles was the only time i was popping swallow, etc.

if you think the combat is too hard- on normal/easy- and you think that 'quen is mandatory' >_> - you just suck at the game.
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01

User Info: spud_almighty

spud_almighty
3 years ago#62
r0ge00 posted...
Did you play TW1? It's significantly worse.

That is a matter of opinion. I personally preferred the first game in nearly every aspect.

User Info: darkdragon_9600

darkdragon_9600
3 years ago#63
At first I hated TW2. Suddenly, it clicked and I loved it.
3DS FC: 0576-4794-4713. Has Shuckle, Magcargo, and Nosepass

User Info: Ningishzida

Ningishzida
3 years ago#64
SnipeStar posted...
if you think the combat is too hard- on normal/easy- and you think that 'quen is mandatory' >_> - you just suck at the game.

lol @ anyone thinking the combat is hard, its just bad. so very clunky and bad.

Dark Souls is where it's at for austere and tactful combat. Or even Gothic 2: NotR.

User Info: ab2c4

ab2c4
3 years ago#65
I didn't have any problem with the combat, I did have a problem with the Map though. I completed my first play through, no thanks to the map. I got maybe one third of my way through the second play through and just gave up. I got so sick and tired of standing on the marker where the map showed that I should be, yet it clearly wasn't where I was supposed to be and I was fed up with wandering around.

User Info: Ningishzida

Ningishzida
3 years ago#66
ab2c4 posted...
I got so sick and tired of standing on the marker where the map showed that I should be, yet it clearly wasn't where I was supposed to be and I was fed up with wandering around.

yah, the map is almost useless.

CDPR could at least have hired a mapmaker who had experience with cartography, but I guess they wanted to hire their friends.

User Info: nIMr0D888

nIMr0D888
3 years ago#67
Why are you comparing the combat to a game that mostly deals only 1v1 (souls series)?
CAUTION: EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE

User Info: TheC0ndemnedOne

TheC0ndemnedOne
3 years ago#68
nIMr0D888 posted...
Why are you comparing the combat to a game that mostly deals only 1v1 (souls series)?

1) http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/04/cd-projekt-the-witcher-2-takes-inspiration-from-demons-souls/
2) Combat in the Souls series can get really fun interesting when faced with multiple enemies.
3) Continuing on #2, you still directly target one enemy at a time and usually only hit one in both games.
4) However, there's more AoE stuff in the Souls series.
5) So if anything, the Souls series has 1v2+ combat much more often than you think, and it's handled better.
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

User Info: overkillwfo1978

overkillwfo1978
3 years ago#69
darkdragon_9600 posted...
At first I hated TW2. Suddenly, it clicked and I loved it.

Exact opposite for me. Loved it at first... the more I played, the more I hated it.
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin

User Info: El_Kaz

El_Kaz
3 years ago#70
Ningishzida posted...
austere and tactful combat.

Hilarious
Wait... what?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I hobestly can't stand the combat in Witcher 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived