This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

thoughts on the Daedalic Humble Weekly Bundle?

#11ShadowBanjoPosted 11/10/2013 12:20:32 PM
I played Deponia and really enjoyed it, and I'm enjoying the awkward, terrible voice acting in A New Beginning, but I can't for the life of me get Edna & Harvey to run without insane drops in performance every time a new animation loads.
#12spud_almightyPosted 11/10/2013 5:41:23 PM
The_Pig_Hostage posted...
Hmm, I'm a little surprised by the response. I don't know much about adventure games, but for some reason, I always thought Daedalic games were well regarded in the genre.

They are! From personal experience I find their games to be very much underrated. I just don't think gamers can appreciate this style anymore. No Guns and BOOMS!
#13Darkcloud20Posted 11/10/2013 7:20:58 PM
The Deponia series and The Edna games are some of the best adventures released in the last years. Problem is that Harveys New eyes is the second of the Edna games and while not directly connected to the first still has some stuff you better understand when you played the first before.

The first Deponia while pretty great is quite a bit worse than the following two.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#14The_Pig_Hostage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 8:34:31 PM
Darkcloud20 posted...
The Deponia series and The Edna games are some of the best adventures released in the last years. Problem is that Harveys New eyes is the second of the Edna games and while not directly connected to the first still has some stuff you better understand when you played the first before.

The first Deponia while pretty great is quite a bit worse than the following two.

Ah, that sucks. I thought Edna and Harvey looked the most interesting, but I hate playing sequels without playing the first. Wonder why they didn't include it.
#15Darkcloud20Posted 11/11/2013 1:25:17 AM(edited)
The_Pig_Hostage posted...
Darkcloud20 posted...

Ah, that sucks. I thought Edna and Harvey looked the most interesting, but I hate playing sequels without playing the first. Wonder why they didn't include it.

I'm not even sure if you can get the first game normaly now. It was developed before Daedelic was a real studio and was pretty much a one man project and is written in flash. You really see that it is quite a bit more "rough" and unprofessionaly programmed compared to later games.

It is however still very worth playing and might be the adventure with the most unique comments when you use items on objects. The game rarely gives you the standard text and has funny and different comments for that.

If you want to play it buy Harveys New Eyes on Gog, it is bundled with the first game.

EDIT: Nevermind its normaly available on Steam but I think it is a game that they don't want to bring to the foreground anymore that much.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#16The_Pig_Hostage(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:39:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]