This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dear lord Youtube new comment section is TERRIBLE!!!!!

#1zerooo0Posted 11/9/2013 6:07:50 PM
I thought they made that thing to get rid of Spam? It's just awful, and DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS PEOPLE PUT ON IT! It nearly killed my headphones with one of the links.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2DoomkillaPosted 11/9/2013 6:09:29 PM(edited)
Nothing like seeing penis spam in comments. I'm glad I just went ahead and used that comment blocker add-on for firefox.
---
"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern."
Moiraine Damodred
#3DerPancakePosted 11/9/2013 6:09:37 PM
The comment section is better now, but the users are killing it, now youtube lets you use links, and the users are abusing it...
---
EVGA
#4zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 6:13:19 PM
DerPancake posted...
The comment section is better now, but the users are killing it, now youtube lets you use links, and the users are abusing it...

Indeed, in theory it's not bad & the layout doesn't bother me but the community is just too childish for it. I don't mind the Google+ integration but yea the users just kills it. I don't mind the old or the new layout personally.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#5Marioface5Posted 11/9/2013 6:31:12 PM
Youtube comments were terrible before the change, and they will always be terrible. I don't understand why anyone would not be using an extension that gets rid of them by now. Here's a good one for Chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/no-youtube-comments/hbeblcelbmadebneggicbpkjhlppjoen
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#6NotQuiteAFreakPosted 11/9/2013 7:29:14 PM
zerooo0 posted...
DerPancake posted...

Indeed, in theory it's not bad & the layout doesn't bother me but the community is just too childish for it. I don't mind the Google+ integration but yea the users just kills it. I don't mind the old or the new layout personally.

Really? That's Youtube's biggest problem right now, ever since the previous update half of my screen is filled with a whole lot of nothingness. :/
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#7zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2013 7:31:24 PM
NotQuiteAFreak posted...
zerooo0 posted...
DerPancake posted...

Really? That's Youtube's biggest problem right now, ever since the previous update half of my screen is filled with a whole lot of nothingness. :/

It's not my favorite, but it's not deal breaking to me.
---
#8xcmon3yx2Posted 11/9/2013 7:36:28 PM
Marioface5 posted...
Youtube comments were terrible before the change, and they will always be terrible. I don't understand why anyone would not be using an extension that gets rid of them by now. Here's a good one for Chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/no-youtube-comments/hbeblcelbmadebneggicbpkjhlppjoen

or you know you could....... just not read them?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/xcmon3yx777,(3DS FC: 5257-9927-9011), (Steam: xcmon3yx2), (XBL: HakudoshiV77360), (WoW: xcmon3yx2#1204)
#9ninto55Posted 11/9/2013 7:40:43 PM
The only thing worth looking into the youtube comments before this was to see the two most upvoted comments (at least recently, I'm not sure what the cut off is for them removing older comments that have more likes/thumb ups), but now I don't think that is even there any more, unless I am mistaken.

I like the layout better than I do the old one, but the comments themselves are exactly the same so it's just easier to read the stupid conversations.

The forced Google+ stuff is pathetic, but not really that big of a deal to sign up for one more site just to comment on it. It's more effort than I should have to put, but not so much that people should whine about it like they do.
---
Every Pony is best Pony, Fluttershy is just my favorite.
Do it and do it right!
#10PhilOnDezPosted 11/9/2013 7:50:57 PM
Some pro-tips for surviving the new YouTube comment section:

1. Never click a link with 'Anne' or 'Anna' in it.
2. NEVER click a link with 'Anne' or 'Anna' in it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez