This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Blizzard as a PC company dying?

#31GynthaeresPosted 11/11/2013 8:24:39 AM
Shebeskii posted...
Gynthaeres posted...

Actually I would say SC2 = SC1. The two are basically the same game. SC2 is a glorified expansion, just making minor tweaks, adding some new units, and revamping the graphics engine.
And as a result, SC2 was doing so well because it changed very little, and so didn't alienate the people who've played no other games but Starcraft in the past decade.

This just isn't true. You haven't played SC2 at a level beyond casual games vs. the A.I. and it shows in your statements. Don't talk about games you don't have any comprehension of. You sound like an unexceptional 12 year old talking about the finer points of Fast Chess and Chess. You sound ridiculous.

You know, I've always wondered: What's your relationship to Starcraft 2? Do you work for Blizzard? Did Starcraft save your life somehow? Or do you just feel an extreme fanaticism towards the series for... some reason? Nostalgia maybe. Or perhaps simply brand loyalty?
You seem to have an extreme attachment to the game. Anytime SC2 gets criticized, you suddenly rush into the topic, throwing insults out, saying little of actual substance. It's rather amazing, actually.

Solid logic, as I would expect. Someone criticizing SC2? Someone thinks its more of an iterative sequel, rather than an innovative one? That person simply must be absolutely awful at the game, no other explanation.
Though, I suppose I could see where you're coming from, if you've never played an RTS other than the SC series. With nothing to compare it to, other than itself, it really would feel like an entirely new, fresh game.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#32AlleRacingPosted 11/11/2013 4:33:23 PM
Conker posted...
No, I didn't say it "didn't count." I said you selected the easiest thing to target and ignored anything else, which doesn't necessarily mean those things are really even a problem or are bad things for the majority, it's just what got the most complaints and whining on forums. Again, my reply was directed to someone speaking on three different games, so when I reply about all three of them, I expect someone to not cut out 2/3rds of that conversation to make sarcastic comments that didn't affect everyone.

Me not addressing it doesn't necessarily mean I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I don't have as much experience with those other two games, and I'm not about to make an argument from ignorance. Also, something not affecting everyone does not somehow make it not a problem.

Which to me means the majority of what Blizz does isn't that big of a deal, even to you since you can't bother with a reply except on the obvious usual haters thing to bring up. So I'd take that as agreeing that yeah they might make a mistake or two but they're still basically doing what they've always done just as well, or even better, for the majority of people.

This is the worst fanboy logic I have ever seen. 'Lol, you didn't address everything, that means that even you think that Blizzard is pretty awesome.'

And sorry the game has been a problem for you, but lag hasn't affected me or others I've known IRL in single player, loot tables make no difference to anyone I've played with (it seems to be limited to online b****ing on forums), and the RMAH most people I know just didn't really care about. My college buddies all got it and played together and enjoyed their time, outside of the launch problems, but that's not the core game overall. Yes some of this stuff affects people enough to complain, but for the main experience I've really seen little complaining outside of these boards or haters that go on about launch problems and the RMAH.

tl;dr: Doesn't affect/bother me, doesn't bother/affect anyone.

It's like how people online post about the latest CoD and how it's s*** for reasons that don't necessarily make it a bad experience for most (don't get me wrong I'm not saying CoD is a great game, but if we're simply talking about where they've come from and gotten to with the quality of their games, it's not a great argument to go off of these complaints you see around here).

As someone who regretfully purchased the latest CoD, you might want to reconsider this argument. It's getting panned critically, the multiplayer maps are awful, the system requirements are artificially inflated to 6GB of RAM even though it runs absolutely fine without it with a hack to bypass it, the performance is absolutely terrible even on dual Titans, it has some extremely poor texture work, possibly even a regression from BLOPS 2, locked FoV at 65, it literally cut and paste previous assets, and it cut out a significant number of game modes.

The majority of people, including professional reviews, just don't agree with the complaints (which is the minority), so you saying this and that doesn't mean s*** unless it is the main gameplay and experience that is truly bad. At the end of the day, it really isn't so terrible (yeah it's subjective so your complaints really don't matter to me or define the actual end-all-be-all of the company), people just get this "OMG it's got this or that wrong with it, we must band together to say how horrible the whole game is and how the company has gone to s***!!!"

Oh, I get it, you're one of those 'the majority is always definitely right' type of people. You probably don't like to do too much thinking on your own.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#33AlleRacingPosted 11/11/2013 4:36:03 PM
Oh, and I actually enjoyed BLOPS 2, so I'm not just s***ing on Ghosts because it's the cool thing to do, which I assume is your next argument if your previous one is anything to go by.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#34runromPosted 11/11/2013 4:38:20 PM
Too bad that Blizzard never fully capitalized on dota as a WC3 mod and both Riot and Valve beat Blizzard.
---
MBP 2009 | Intel i5 3570k + Powercolor 7870 Myst | HP Touchpad 32gb CM9 | MyTouch4g running 4.1
Now part of the 500 posts club.
#35call of dutyPosted 11/11/2013 5:47:49 PM
Can someone please explain to me why the AH is such a cancer to D3? I remember in D2 there was a lot of item trading anyway and I think it's great that I can simply trade away an item dropped for another class into an item I can actually use.
---
Number of people who claim that I'm an idiot because of my username, even though they were not born when I created my account nor ever played the first CoD: 14
#36Lady UnePosted 11/11/2013 9:16:16 PM
No.

Stagnating creatively?

Probably.

Hasn't slowed other companies down though.
---
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.
#37ConkerPosted 11/11/2013 9:57:02 PM
AlleRacing posted...

It's funny because everything you said I knew were the exact replies you'd give. "Oh you can't think for yourself, majority isn't always right, not everyone has to be affected to make it bad, fanboy logic blah blah, I don't have to address everything, etc. etc." continue on with the BS responses. Hell, even what you have addressed didn't actually explain how it was worse than the other game replied about. You've basically been arguing with literally one point that even applies to why it might make a game worse than the previous installment, but even then it is more about the online system that is changing anyways rather than the actual gameplay.

I'm not even a fan of Blizzards, I've hardly played their games in the past couple of years (or games in general). So no, it's not fanboy statements. It's simply recognizing when the things people complain about are nitpicky and beligerant.

And my CoD example stands. Even the latest ones have not been panned that badly as you seem to think. Yeah, the majority doesn't mean it's right, but it means your complaints are considered minor in the overall experience. If it bothers you so much that it ruins the whole game but not many others care, then it obviously isn't so bad. The RMAH, loot tables, and "lag" as you say, were not game ruining things and have even changed since the game launched. Get over yourself.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#38FaycelessPosted 11/11/2013 10:07:24 PM
AlleRacing posted...

The majority of people, including professional reviews, just don't agree with the complaints (which is the minority), so you saying this and that doesn't mean s*** unless it is the main gameplay and experience that is truly bad. At the end of the day, it really isn't so terrible (yeah it's subjective so your complaints really don't matter to me or define the actual end-all-be-all of the company), people just get this "OMG it's got this or that wrong with it, we must band together to say how horrible the whole game is and how the company has gone to s***!!!"

Oh, I get it, you're one of those 'the majority is always definitely right' type of people. You probably don't like to do too much thinking on your own.

Um, what? Let's go over the logic here. If the majority of people like something, and the majority of people will pay for something, then Blizzard isn't dying. That was the question of the topic, right? Or is it just a contest to see which side can yell louder? It always seems to end up the latter.
#39d209999Posted 11/11/2013 11:12:12 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
Let's see here...

Warcraft II > Warcraft
Diablo II > Diablo
Warcraft III > Warcraft II

*Activision merger*

Every WoW xpac after Burning Crusade < Burning Crusade
Starcraft II < Starcraft
Diablo III < Diablo II

Notice a pattern?

Haters gonna hate