This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do I need to connect to the internet wirelessly from a desktop computer?

#1BrickLanerPosted 11/10/2013 6:02:13 AM
Okay, I am NOT quite sure about this. Because I don't use wireless besides wi-fi for my mobile devices from my modem which has wi-fi.

But my cousin, has a desktop which has Windows 7 which is the one I just built for him, but I was foolish to not put in the factor that he uses wireless internet connection to connect to it.

Do I need a PCI wi-fi card? Or what?

please help...thank you.
#2claytonbuckleyPosted 11/10/2013 6:05:32 AM
yeah PCI wifi card. there's probably USB ones but PCI one is probably better.
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#3FFG_HarnessPosted 11/10/2013 6:15:07 AM
I have a netgear WNA3100 wireless USB adaptor and it has served me just fine.
GT: FFG Harness
Steam: Harness
#4BrickLaner(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 6:19:37 AM
thanks guys!

I'm gonna buy both a USB wi-fi adapter and PCI wi-fi adapter card because I am not sure if the PCI will fit into the PCI slot due to the MASSIVE video card blocking the way.
#5reincarnator07Posted 11/10/2013 7:04:52 AM
A decent USB adaptor is fine these days for the average person. The main reason to go with PCI is if you want some other features or you want to free up a USB port.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback