This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I detect a wireless router from a desktop PC and connect to it?

#1BrickLanerPosted 11/10/2013 5:40:24 AM
Okay, my cousin has a PC which I recently built for him. The PC that I built for him has Windows 7.
Given that I connect a wireless adapter (PCI or USB), to the PC that I built for him, how do I detect the wireless connection from the router? Does it do it automatically?
#2BrickLaner(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 6:16:59 AM
bump, please help. I love GameFAQs.
#3LB3Posted 11/10/2013 6:39:51 AM(edited)
Assiming your computer has a wifi card you just go into the internet settings and you should be able to search for a wifi connection.
---
PSN: Bwleon7 Steam: bwleon79
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. -Albert Einstein
#4ShubPosted 11/10/2013 6:41:02 AM
Have you ever used a laptop's wireless connection? It'll work exactly the same on a desktop with a wireless adapter installed.
http://www.humboldt.edu/its/sites/its/files/images/wireless_connection/winxp/HSUwireless.jpg
Click on the icon next to the clock, pick the WLAN you wish to connect to, enter the password (if applicable) and you should be good to go.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#5LordSeiferPosted 11/10/2013 6:41:23 AM
if your wifi adapter is installed correctly, its exactly the same as with a laptop

ie you will have a little network icon in the system tray.

if you installed it incorrectly, well, then you do not connect to anything
---
^ this
#6BrickLaner(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 8:43:48 AM
Thanks guys!