This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I detect a wireless router from a desktop PC and connect to it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do I detect a wireless router from a desktop PC and connect to it?

User Info: BrickLaner

BrickLaner
3 years ago#1
Okay, my cousin has a PC which I recently built for him. The PC that I built for him has Windows 7.
Given that I connect a wireless adapter (PCI or USB), to the PC that I built for him, how do I detect the wireless connection from the router? Does it do it automatically?

BrickLaner
3 years ago#2
bump, please help. I love GameFAQs.

User Info: LB3

LB3
3 years ago#3
Assiming your computer has a wifi card you just go into the internet settings and you should be able to search for a wifi connection.
PSN: Bwleon7 Steam: bwleon79
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. -Albert Einstein

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#4
Have you ever used a laptop's wireless connection? It'll work exactly the same on a desktop with a wireless adapter installed.
http://www.humboldt.edu/its/sites/its/files/images/wireless_connection/winxp/HSUwireless.jpg
Click on the icon next to the clock, pick the WLAN you wish to connect to, enter the password (if applicable) and you should be good to go.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#5
if your wifi adapter is installed correctly, its exactly the same as with a laptop

ie you will have a little network icon in the system tray.

if you installed it incorrectly, well, then you do not connect to anything
^ this

BrickLaner
3 years ago#6
Thanks guys!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do I detect a wireless router from a desktop PC and connect to it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived