This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need advice on anxiety and games

#31SinfullyvannilaPosted 11/11/2013 7:42:04 AM
g7g7g7g7 posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
arleas posted...
Right... but it's better to do something about it than to do nothing about it.

Pharmaceuticals are poison, especially psychiatric meds. They may help in the short term but they do far more long term harm than good.

Quality of life issue. Sometimes the immediate issue and the consequences of it are less tolerable than the long term health problems.

Also, everyone dies eventually. If someone chooses not to take medication, they will still die, and they'll have to endure their disorders as well.

The problem is the lack of proper cognitive behaviour therapy as option to medication, the two work hand in hand and one without the other is properly dangerous. Medicating people into the pharmacy based turnaround mental health system we have is more dangerous than not medicating and only using therapies.

Yes, I realize that and I agree. I'm also agreeing with Daedalus in that pharmaceuticals are in fact poison and do in fact cause long-term problems.

I'm just saying don't underestimate the symptoms, or the secondary effects of the symptoms(social stigma, difficulty maintaining relationships etc). In cases like severe OCD, PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Schizophrenia, these things are far worse than the detrimental effects of the medication.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#32_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/11/2013 11:23:03 AM(edited)
I used to be the perfectionist/completionist kind. Even restarting games completely when I did something that I ended up regretting. It was especially bad in RPGs and open world games. At some point, I decided to let it all go. No guide-reading, no optimizing my build, no finding every secret or hidden thing in the game, and no worries about skipping content. I never enjoyed these games more when they are played like this.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that you will probably have more fun if you let go of that constant need to do everything perfectly, and just enjoy the game for what it is. No one cares about the how, what and when of your playthrough.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#33SpazH3dPosted 11/11/2013 11:26:14 AM
If this OCD is self-diagnosed, I swear I'm gonna punch someone in this thread.
---
- My vision is augmented
#34AllHailTheDead6Posted 11/11/2013 12:14:45 PM
Rawe posted...
I don't want to have anything to do with cheaters/modders, kinda feelm like the character is wasted now, all that work for nothing.

dude im sorry to say but torchlight 2 is such a joke you shouldnt be worried about that kind of stuff(its a good game but the item drops are so abundant)

Now seriously have you tried path of exile?

if not you really owe it to yourself to give it a try

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#35TimePharaohPosted 11/11/2013 12:38:53 PM
SpazH3d posted...
If this OCD is self-diagnosed, I swear I'm gonna punch someone in this thread.

Nope he had a fully qualified staff of internet doctors at WebMD
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#36Grimlink132Posted 11/11/2013 12:50:54 PM
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
Rawe posted...
I don't want to have anything to do with cheaters/modders, kinda feelm like the character is wasted now, all that work for nothing.

dude im sorry to say but torchlight 2 is such a joke you shouldnt be worried about that kind of stuff(its a good game but the item drops are so abundant)

Now seriously have you tried path of exile?

if not you really owe it to yourself to give it a try

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/

you can eaisly play path of exile without talking to anyone too. its always online, but it isnt forced to work with people. also the level up web is amazing, you should try this tc.