This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sharing kb/m/monitor between two computers?

#11electroflamePosted 11/10/2013 4:37:36 PM
That looks interesting. Mind sharing how it works exactly? Is there a need for multiple monitors with that solution?

Yeah, I have one of my monitors on the Mac, and the other two on the Windows PC. Essentially Synergy lets you share one keyboard and one mouse on multiple computers. It also lets you configure where those screens are relative to each other, so, in my case, if my mouse cursor goes off the right side of my main Windows monitor, it appears on the left edge of my Mac monitor (which is to the right of my main Windows monitor).

Essentially it makes it feel like you're using one PC, and it acts like the Mac desktop is an extension of your Windows desktop. It's really nice, and you aren't obligated to pay for it (although, if you get as much use out of it as I do, I highly recommend dropping a small donation).
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame
#12zxelmanPosted 11/10/2013 4:39:22 PM
electroflame posted...
That looks interesting. Mind sharing how it works exactly? Is there a need for multiple monitors with that solution?

Yeah, I have one of my monitors on the Mac, and the other two on the Windows PC. Essentially Synergy lets you share one keyboard and one mouse on multiple computers. It also lets you configure where those screens are relative to each other, so, in my case, if my mouse cursor goes off the right side of my main Windows monitor, it appears on the left edge of my Mac monitor (which is to the right of my main Windows monitor).

Essentially it makes it feel like you're using one PC, and it acts like the Mac desktop is an extension of your Windows desktop. It's really nice, and you aren't obligated to pay for it (although, if you get as much use out of it as I do, I highly recommend dropping a small donation).

That's a very nice illusion. If I ever want or need more than one OS, I'll remember the app.
#13xLexLuth0rx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 4:40:30 PM
electroflame posted...

Interesting... looks pretty nice. Seems like it would be most 'seamless' option as well. Thanks.
---
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
"And like that, *poof*. He's gone."
#14electroflamePosted 11/10/2013 4:43:22 PM
Interesting... looks pretty nice. Seems like it would be most 'seamless' option as well. Thanks.

No problem. It's kind of confusing to set it up properly (like having it start up automatically when the Mac boots up, etc.) so if you need help don't hesitate to ask.
---
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame