This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any site/company that sells good gaming desktops?

#1GlassDragoonPosted 11/10/2013 4:47:31 PM
I really don't want to build one myself again... I did that 7-8 years ago and it was just a hassle.

I'd really like to avoid that again, but I do realize that the best way to get power for your money is to do it yourself. I'm looking to spend $1,500 max. I would need OS and a monitor; But I can place those outside the $1,500.

Is there any site; any desktop you guys/gals could recommend? If I end up having to do it myself then so be it, I'd just like to know if there is a good alternative.

I was planning on getting the Xbox one and letting my Laptop ride for another year or so, but I'd really like to have an option to fall back on if the One flops.
#2LB3Posted 11/10/2013 5:04:27 PM(edited)
http://www.ibuypower.com/ (i used this one before)
http://www.ecollegepc.com/ (a lot of people on this site have recommended this one)

both site let you pick the parts and they build it for you. I would wait a few more weeks. they will be running holiday specials soon that will lower the prices by a pretty good amount.
---
PSN: Bwleon7 Steam: bwleon79
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. -Albert Einstein
#3ATARIJAWAPosted 11/10/2013 5:18:37 PM
I would go with ecollegepc over ibuypower. Ibuypower has a very poor reputation.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#4GlassDragoon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 7:04:09 PM
Thanks for the responses.

lol I'm still on the fence, I need a new pc, but I only know one person who pc games and would like to play with my friends again. Gotta love those cheap prices for pc games though... and mods of course.
#5Skul_Posted 11/10/2013 11:05:09 PM
http://newegg.com/

some assembly required.
---
Alex, I'm trying to start a troll topic. Stop destroying my credibility here. - hypersonic2000
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#6KabtheMentatPosted 11/10/2013 11:07:06 PM
I personally wouldn't buy anything from a company called iBuyPower. That just screams douchebag.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#7MadPinoRagePosted 11/11/2013 12:24:01 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to build a computer now versus when you did it 7 or 8 years ago?

Try getting a list of compatible parts together using pcpartpicker.com
---
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
-Albert Einstein
#8myztikricePosted 11/11/2013 12:30:55 AM
ecollegepc charges you msrp for every part and then adds hundreds of dollars on top to build it. I don't know why people recommend it.
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#9Flaktrooper123Posted 11/11/2013 12:32:30 AM
I think try getting a barebone PC at least. All the necessary stuff already hooked up, and you just need to get some of the extras.