This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any suggestions for a PC in the $500-600 range?

#1OhHeyltsYouPosted 11/10/2013 5:15:54 PM
I consider myself new to PC gaming. I have played some games in the past, like Rogue Squadron, Episode 1 Racer, Starcraft and Maplestory. But besides that, I was never much of a PC gamer. I'm not planning on playing any games that are super demanding visually. Most of my friends just play SC2 and League anyways. So does anyone know of any decent already built machines in that range? I know a lot of you guys probably build your own, but like I said, I'm new to this and would probably have no clue how to put it together.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#2llamathiefPosted 11/10/2013 5:18:57 PM
Even if you're not going to play any demanding games, 500-600 dollars wouldn't be that great of a PC anyway. You want to spend at least 750 dollars. More than that if you need Windows, a monitor, etc.
---
Am I a llama that thieves, or a pilferer of llamas? You may never know.
#3claytonbuckleyPosted 11/10/2013 5:35:41 PM
you will not find a decent PC in that price range unless you build it yourself. Luckily for you putting together a PC is insanely easy. I'll leave it to smarter people to pick parts and stuff for you.

Also you need a monitor? keyboard? Mouse? because if you do, in that price range, you're not going to have a good time.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#4OhHeyltsYou(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 5:35:52 PM
I already have a newer monitor and keyboard. So that's covered at least, but I could up my price range to around $800. It's been a while since I spoiled myself.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#5gsf4lyfePosted 11/10/2013 5:42:43 PM
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/20pZK
---
Currently playing: Borderlands 2
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
#6Delta_F14Posted 11/10/2013 6:06:23 PM
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/20qD2

Similar to my build, and I can run BF4 on Highish and get ~60fps.
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#7Delta_F14Posted 11/10/2013 6:08:13 PM
OhHeyltsYou posted...
I already have a newer monitor and keyboard. So that's covered at least, but I could up my price range to around $800. It's been a while since I spoiled myself.

I can also give you a Windows 7 key if you need it.
---
Vault Dweller > All other Video game characters
#8_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/10/2013 6:34:36 PM(edited)
If you would build your own you could pull it off and make a solid build if you did not need peripherals and did not mind getting some things second-hand (like a case).

You are probably better off saving another $200 or so, and you will be able to get something really decent. The concessions that you have to make to keep things in the 500-600 range actually reduces the value for money, since the best bang for buck components are a little bit more expensive than what you can fit into that budget.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H