This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

need advice on if I can run Ac 4 black flag.

#1Blueandwhite87Posted 11/10/2013 4:21:07 PM
Or get it for ps3, but my computer can get close to maxing all games as long as I run it less then 1080p here is my specs

Q8200, Geforce 550GTX TI, 4 gigs of ram.

Will my computer run this way better then a ps3 and on par or better then the ps4?
#2daemon_danPosted 11/10/2013 4:24:24 PM
Definitely not better than a PS4, maybe on par with PS3. Don't expect much.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#3josh_bPosted 11/10/2013 4:25:25 PM
game requires a GeForce GTX 470 for the recommended requirements so you should be good on that front but your CPU is going to hold you back I would imagine. it also depends on how optimized the game is. My system can't run Assassins Creed 3 in some areas with out massive FPS drops.

You may hit medium or low and stay around 30 fps. Best thing to do is wait before asking this since nobody has the game yet.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#4daemon_danPosted 11/10/2013 4:31:40 PM
josh_b posted...
game requires a GeForce GTX 470 for the recommended requirements so you should be good on that front but your CPU is going to hold you back I would imagine. it also depends on how optimized the game is. My system can't run Assassins Creed 3 in some areas with out massive FPS drops.

You may hit medium or low and stay around 30 fps. Best thing to do is wait before asking this since nobody has the game yet.

Really? I have 1 680 and AC3 runs smooth as butter. Maybe that's cause I have a 3820 OC'd pretty well?
---
#5Blueandwhite87(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 5:09:31 PM
how will I struggle to run this game, when I can Run skyrim max, Witcher 2 basically max, Borderlands max.. is this game that intensive because if so ill buy it for the ps3 if your saying I can't run it as good. but that does not make sense.
#6daemon_danPosted 11/10/2013 5:13:09 PM
Blueandwhite87 posted...
how will I struggle to run this game, when I can Run skyrim max, Witcher 2 basically max, Borderlands max.. is this game that intensive because if so ill buy it for the ps3 if your saying I can't run it as good. but that does not make sense.

It's going to be more intensive than borderlands and Skyrim. Borderlands is not intensive at all, and Skyrim isn't too taxing either. Witcher 2, if you say you're maxing it I call bulls***.
---
#7Blueandwhite87(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 5:18:38 PM
everything is maxed except Ubersampling and not 1080p but my moniter can't do 1080p so if I can run that game like that I should be able to run ac 4 good?

you say the game is taxing but my computer is way better then the ps3.
#8Kokuei05Posted 11/10/2013 5:21:24 PM
Blueandwhite87 posted...

It's going to be more intensive than borderlands and Skyrim. Borderlands is not intensive at all, and Skyrim isn't too taxing either. Witcher 2, if you say you're maxing it I call bulls***.

He's not saying he gets good FPS.

The GTX550Ti is only slightly stronger than an HD4870.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r1PPedJzng
#9daemon_danPosted 11/10/2013 5:22:01 PM
Maybe? I mean, it's not like a PS3 runs it all that well and the resolution on it is less than your monitor's. It's not going to be well optimized for PC hardware to be sure. That CPU is going to be a huge bottleneck, but I really don't know how much dropping the resolution will do for you.
---
#10godplaysSNESPosted 11/10/2013 5:30:58 PM(edited)
Unless Ubisoft seriously screws up with optimization, that PC should have no problems running circles around the PS3 version
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!