This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Keyboard and switch colour do you have? Which do you recommend?

#11_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 11/10/2013 7:59:46 PM
I have tried blacks, browns, reds, blues and Topre.

I prefer Cherry MX browns. I have a Filco Majestouch 2. I think the CM Quickfire rapid is the best deal for a mechanical keyboard rightnow and to me feels better than some of the more expensive and popular options such as the Duckies and Corsair keyboards. This is due to a number of reasons. Most noticeably, unlike all those keyboards, it uses Costar stabilizers, which has a rather large effect on the way the keyboard feels.
---
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#12aak57Posted 11/10/2013 8:10:50 PM
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...

I prefer Cherry MX browns. I have a Filco Majestouch 2. I think the CM Quickfire rapid is the best deal for a mechanical keyboard rightnow and to me feels better than some of the more expensive and popular options such as the Duckies and Corsair keyboards. This is due to a number of reasons. Most noticeably, unlike all those keyboards, it uses Costar stabilizers, which has a rather large effect on the way the keyboard feels.

Aren't the CM keyboards supposedly diet Filcos?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#13MaKhaosPosted 11/10/2013 8:18:43 PM
aak57 posted...
_GRIM_FANDANGO_ posted...

Aren't the CM keyboards supposedly diet Filcos?

Well yeah they're both made by costar. So basically the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid and XT are the equivalent of the tenkeyless and full Filco versions. They're nice budget ones compared to Filco.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#14kyler45Posted 11/10/2013 8:27:26 PM
Logitech G110, and don't know nor care what switches I use, doesn't make any difference in how I type.
---
Xbox Live: Kyler45
AC:CF 0605-3418-4438 Name: Kyler Town: Larova
#15PraetorXynPosted 11/10/2013 8:54:45 PM
Deck Legend with Black switches. Blacks aren't really any harder to press than most rubber dome keyboards, so I have no idea why everyone acts like they cause insane fatigue.

This is the ONLY backlit keyboard in existence where the letters will never rub off or fade, FYI. That's because the way they print the keycap is to have it in two pieces, the center piece is all white and the outer piece is a black skirt. They take the white piece and heat it up so hot that when they put black dye on it it seeps into the plastic and becomes part of it, so they print everything except the letter black and leave the white letter for the LED to shine through.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#16kyler45Posted 11/10/2013 8:56:18 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Deck Legend with Black switches. Blacks aren't really any harder to press than most rubber dome keyboards, so I have no idea why everyone acts like they cause insane fatigue.

This is the ONLY backlit keyboard in existence where the letters will never rub off or fade, FYI. That's because the way they print the keycap is to have it in two pieces, the center piece is all white and the outer piece is a black skirt. They take the white piece and heat it up so hot that when they put black dye on it it seeps into the plastic and becomes part of it, so they print everything except the letter black and leave the white letter for the LED to shine through.

My keyboard is Backlit, and the Keys do not rub off or fade.
---
#17PraetorXynPosted 11/10/2013 8:59:43 PM
kyler45 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

What is it, and how long have you had it?
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#18iPWNtheNoobs(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 9:00:33 PM
So looks like everyone here hates red. Brown is similar.
So, I should probably go with blue eh? I'll focus on checking those out and maybe give brown/black another try.
---
Space Waster
#19kyler45Posted 11/10/2013 9:10:08 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
kyler45 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

What is it, and how long have you had it?

Logitech g110, as stated above your post, and I've been using it for around 2-3 years now.
---
#20TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 11/10/2013 9:51:29 PM(edited)
I think Blacks would be best for gaming (the quietness and feel of Reds but require a bit more force; useful for those situations where you accidentally press the wrong button).

Blues would be best for typing because of the tactile feedback.

Browns would be a quieter alternative to Blues.

I don't need a mechanical keyboard or want one very much, but the one I like the most from what I've seen is the ROCCAT Ryos MK (there are also "Glow" and "Pro" versions). I look for keyboards with a good frame (a lot of people like mechanical keyboards that are very small, but I think small keyboards look weird and aren't as comfortable), a numpad, media keys, and good backlighting (gaming keys are a plus). Runner-up is the Corsair K70, but I don't like that there isn't a Cherry MX Black version.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/