This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best recording software.. paid or free

#1dATerXiesPosted 11/10/2013 7:06:35 PM
Starting my own site up and been looking for some good recording software. i know fraps has been king but curious to know if theirs any software out there that can record HD but at streaming size so you don't end up with gigs of video for a few minutes.

I have Shadow play and at medium settings ~ 4 minutes video was 600 megs which isnt to bad compared to fraps.. but is there a software out there that can compress it more? or is that pretty good for 4 minutes of video?

I dont care if i have to pay for it or not.. just looking for something that gives good quality video, smaller sizes and isnt a system hog.
#2-CJF-Posted 11/10/2013 7:09:54 PM
You can just compress the video yourself with a codec such as X264 using third party software. There are programs that can record to smaller file sizes such as Bandicam, OBS, and Dxtory, but this is usually at a cost of video quality. From what I've heard, Shadowplay puts the least amount of strain on the system.
#3dATerXies(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 7:27:01 PM(edited)
can you recommend a software? Again don't mind if its free or not money isn't a big issue.

Thanks!

edit:

I found handbrake i will give this a shot.
#4-CJF-Posted 11/10/2013 7:39:49 PM
HandBrake should work well for basic encoding. If you want more control over the codec, you can just use the X264 Codec with the command line or HandBrake's advanced encoding settings.
#5HarmonicWavePosted 11/10/2013 9:16:51 PM
It looks like Shadowplay only works on Nvidia cards? What if I have an ATI?
---
Video gamer since 1987... before that I actually played outside in the dirt, making mountains and rivers with a shovel and a garden hose.
#6myztikricePosted 11/10/2013 9:25:51 PM
msi afterburner
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so f***in' hysterical.
#7NekoLimePosted 11/10/2013 9:37:33 PM
Dxtory
http://exkode.com/dxtory-features-en.html

Granted, I mainly use it for the ability to limit FPS.
#8Darkcloud20Posted 11/11/2013 2:19:12 AM
live encoding uses a lot of processing power and if you want the video more compressed without much quality loss this will be even more.
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#9claytonbuckleyPosted 11/11/2013 2:34:35 AM
Dxtory

Set it to record at 720p and whatever bitrate u want your audio at. Smarter people will say it can be done, but i have never been able to edit dxtory recordings in sony vegas. That's the only reason i still use fraps. Also shadowplay is awesome if you don't have fraps or ddxtory running, and something amazing happens.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2013 2:38:47 AM
DXTory is the best recording software, period. You're not going to get better compression than ShadowPlay at 1080/60, though. Not a chance.
VirtualDub can recompress files just fine.
---
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley