This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Blizzard hold a yearly event to talk about its 3 played out IPs?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does Blizzard hold a yearly event to talk about its 3 played out IPs?
2 years ago#31
JKatarn posted...
josh_b posted...
JKatarn posted...
josh_b posted...
My friend attends every year.....he went dressed up as one of the blue's brothers last year. he works from home and hasn't ever had a girlfriend and never leaves his house except to buy food.....also he has a cat. he is 29 years old.

Those are the type of people that go to it.

It sounds like he should have more discretion when it comes to friends, preferably ones that won't post general details of his personal life on random forums. I'm guessing you have plenty of problems in your own life if you build yourself up by mocking others.

Maybe your right.... Maybe im a horrible person. If I was building myself by putting him down... yes he makes me feel better about my life knowing that someone that capable who Is very smart can let his life be consumed over a videogame is strangely comforting to me.

Or maybe... just maybe. I like being a dick and don't care what you think lol.

Obviously you care a little bit what I/others think or you wouldn't have bothered replying/making the post in the first place to make this random acquaintance look pathetic, and by extension make you look "better"/feel better about yourself. Obviously, given the specs in your sig I imagine you do more than a little gaming yourself (people generally don't drop a fair amount of money on two upper-tier GPUs if they're only marginally interested in gaming). I'm just kind of tired of the hypocrisy of nerds/geeks calling out other nerds (I play 30+ hours of games a week, but I'm not a nerd...now THAT guy, he's a nerd, lol). Also, I've never encountered/met an unpleasant/dickish person that did not act that way due to other issues in their life/insecurities they were masking...grounded/mature/empathic people don't need to troll/put down others etc. to feel better about themselves. Anyway, my rant is done, just not a fan of the dick behavior/apathy that seems to be so prevalent on the Internet.

No need to defend yourself for being a damn decent person.
---
3DS FC: 0662-3353-4779
PSN: GeminiX7
2 years ago#32
Played out is a term people use to rob themselves of enjoyment. It makes me feel sorry for the people who use it.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
2 years ago#33
Goddamn some people have thin skin and care way too much about strangers on a gaming message board.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA
2 years ago#34
FLAWLESSCROWNS posted...
I've never been to Blizzcon but it looks pretty fun. I assume people just get drunk, play games, dress up lol, and interact etc.

this is pretty much how it goes honestly.
---
|i7 4770k|Gigabyte UD4h|8gb RAM|GTX 780|Samsung 830 128gb|Crucial M4 128gb|2 x 1TB WD Black|540 Air|AX 850|NH-D14|
2 years ago#35
Because people will pay money for Titan or Legacy of the Void news and tournaments.
---
#otchat ~ https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/otchat
Mods/Gods 2013
2 years ago#36
JKatarn posted...
josh_b posted...
JKatarn posted...
josh_b posted...
My friend attends every year.....he went dressed up as one of the blue's brothers last year. he works from home and hasn't ever had a girlfriend and never leaves his house except to buy food.....also he has a cat. he is 29 years old.

Those are the type of people that go to it.

It sounds like he should have more discretion when it comes to friends, preferably ones that won't post general details of his personal life on random forums. I'm guessing you have plenty of problems in your own life if you build yourself up by mocking others.

Maybe your right.... Maybe im a horrible person. If I was building myself by putting him down... yes he makes me feel better about my life knowing that someone that capable who Is very smart can let his life be consumed over a videogame is strangely comforting to me.

Or maybe... just maybe. I like being a dick and don't care what you think lol.

Obviously you care a little bit what I/others think or you wouldn't have bothered replying/making the post in the first place to make this random acquaintance look pathetic, and by extension make you look "better"/feel better about yourself. Obviously, given the specs in your sig I imagine you do more than a little gaming yourself (people generally don't drop a fair amount of money on two upper-tier GPUs if they're only marginally interested in gaming). I'm just kind of tired of the hypocrisy of nerds/geeks calling out other nerds (I play 30+ hours of games a week, but I'm not a nerd...now THAT guy, he's a nerd, lol). Also, I've never encountered/met an unpleasant/dickish person that did not act that way due to other issues in their life/insecurities they were masking...grounded/mature/empathic people don't need to troll/put down others etc. to feel better about themselves. Anyway, my rant is done, just not a fan of the dick behavior/apathy that seems to be so prevalent on the Internet.

I just don't see why your defending someone you don't know. I obviously know him better than you do and maybe he deserves what ever i have to say about him. That's all ill say on that.

I generally enjoy your post on here but i really don't care what other or you think. Especially on a online forum where 90% of the post or comments are about either talking down to someone or trying to make themselves feel better by acting high and mighty. Im sure everyone on this board and countless others. Im just stating my opinion.

As far as my gaming habits. I spend maybe 12 hours a week gaming and it's generally at night since i work nights 125 hours every 2 weeks and i keep a night schedule when im off. Im more of a hardware geek than anything else. I have 3 very capable systems in my home right now.

If the worst thing i do is blast him out over the internet then it could be said i was the best friend to him ever since most ''friends'' do alot worse than that.

Back on topic...... BlizzCon is for nerds!!!!
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does Blizzard hold a yearly event to talk about its 3 played out IPs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived