This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would one get into MOBAs by playing with a consistent and friendly group?

#1zxelmanPosted 11/10/2013 7:41:48 PM
I have problems getting into Mobas in general, but I actually like Dota 2. I like how all the heroes are unlocked, but I'll need to learn some of them to even get started, which isn't a problem I can't tackle.

The main issue is playing with randoms. We should know by now that people in these genres typically have a bad/elitist attitude. So basically, what if I found a group of 4 other people that are relatively new but interested in the game? Does this sound like a good idea to start getting interested? I always hear people just playing randoms, but never hear about people just looking for a group. Is it even possible to group with each other and find random opponents?

If all that is possible and a good idea, where would it be a good place to start searching?
#2daemon_danPosted 11/10/2013 7:42:58 PM
I played LoL for some time but that was with a consitent 5 person party all talking over skype and just being cool with each other. If I didn't have that, I would have never played LoL for that long. Take that as you will.
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#3zxelman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 7:44:05 PM
daemon_dan posted...
I played LoL for some time but that was with a consitent 5 person party all talking over skype and just being cool with each other. If I didn't have that, I would have never played LoL for that long. Take that as you will.

That sounds like a great group. Sounds like you put it in past tense. Still playing or stopped?
#4daemon_danPosted 11/10/2013 7:50:59 PM
zxelman posted...
daemon_dan posted...

That sounds like a great group. Sounds like you put it in past tense. Still playing or stopped?

I lost interest in the game at level 30. The others wanted to get into ranked and the really competitive aspect and I just wasn't as dedicated. It's also about the time that a steam sale hit and I started playing tons of stuff xD
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride
#5AnatomyHorrorPosted 11/10/2013 8:28:19 PM
Check out Smite for a good solo moba.
#6Odin of KpxPosted 11/10/2013 8:28:26 PM
I am interested in getting started at DOTA2. I have always avoided getting into it for the same reasons you have listed. I would be up for it if you want to try to get a group together that plays. My steam name is Heavy_Z. Just send me an invite if your interested.
#7VeiledGenesisPosted 11/10/2013 8:30:29 PM
If I could find a group of people to play with that wouldn't be a bunch of dicks about me trying to learn the game, sure I'd try the genre more. As it is, I've had some very bad experiences with LoL, and just don't feel like experiencing that again.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#8zxelman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 8:48:54 PM
Alright sounds good. I'm in the last stretch of the college semester right now so after all the exams get done, I'd like to contact you guys later if you're interested in at least attempting to play. If you want to send me any way of contacting you guys, feel free to PM me them. Or just tell me if a PM will do.

Keep in mind voice chat is probably a good way to go in collaborating in this genre, so I hope if you guys are interested, that you have mics.
#9claytonbuckleyPosted 11/11/2013 4:37:30 AM
I love Dota 2, but i love spectating it. I'd get into playing it if i had a group, but solo is just horrible. MOBAs bring out the worst in people IMO and i don't need that sort of idiocy in my life.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#10SlaynPosted 11/11/2013 4:44:44 AM
Do you still want to be friends with them?

Don't do it.
---
ZOMG Pokeyman craze! FC: 2036-7659-0505