This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CPU temperatures are jumping too high specifically when playing LOTR: WITN

#11zxelman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 10:35:15 PM
daemon_dan posted...
zxelman posted...
Alright, I managed to clean the dust a bit without compressed air. It's down to 70-75 C when playing LOTR and even lower in other games. I had to use a frame limiter to keep the game from running too fast as well. The laptop now idles at 40 C.

Get some compressed air and do it more. you could likely see some more drop in temp

That sounds appealing, but I'd rather spend less than 20 like I've been seeing online. If you have a good recommendation, post a local store or online store alternative.
#12daemon_danPosted 11/10/2013 10:38:15 PM
zxelman posted...
daemon_dan posted...
zxelman posted...
Alright, I managed to clean the dust a bit without compressed air. It's down to 70-75 C when playing LOTR and even lower in other games. I had to use a frame limiter to keep the game from running too fast as well. The laptop now idles at 40 C.

Get some compressed air and do it more. you could likely see some more drop in temp

That sounds appealing, but I'd rather spend less than 20 like I've been seeing online. If you have a good recommendation, post a local store or online store alternative.

http://www.amazon.com/Innovera-51508-Compressed-Duster-10oz/dp/B0058TXRU8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1384148239&sr=8-7&keywords=compressed+air

Six cans for 20 bucks. That's pretty damn good. Should last you a good long while
---
"Frightened by your own smell. Bitterness will run you through."
~In Flames: Bullet Ride