This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone bought The Pinball Arcade in Steam? I have a question.

#1chrisinthehousePosted 11/10/2013 9:01:49 PM
Well, I know the game is free and I already downloaded it in my desktop and also in my laptop. Runs great in both. But I want to know, if I buy more tables in the desktop. Will I be able to also download them in the laptop without paying again?

I just need confirmation before spending 70 bucks for all the tables.

I would really like the game also in my laptop for when i'm traveling. But if it means spending 70 bucks twice, or every time I have a new computer, I rather forget about it and keep playing the PS3/Vita version that I already have.
#2MantisPowahPosted 11/10/2013 9:13:04 PM
When ever you buy anything on stream it will transfer to your steam account of any/all computers/laptops/tablets you own with steam.
#3arleasPosted 11/10/2013 9:17:57 PM
When ever you buy anything on stream it will transfer to your steam account of any/all computers/laptops/tablets you own with steam.

The problem is that this particular game does all the table sales off of steam. The developers excuse is that they have so many tables and table packages that it's too much DLC for steam and/or it'd be confusing... which I can kinda see (since you can buy individual tables, sets of tables, or a whole "Season" of tables and these can all overlap)

I think that the way it works is, you have to have an account with their site and that's where you'll actually download the tables from, but I've yet to purchase anything for this very reason. Also you can't just buy a table... no, you have to pay for it with steam wallet funds, so it adds an extra annoying step in what should just be a simple purchase.

Oh and finally: no gifting since you can't buy on steam directly.

The tables are kinda nice replications of actual pinball tables though (as opposed to Pinball FX2 which are all original designs and include stuff that couldn't possibly be made in the real world).

tl:dr I think so, but I'm not 100%
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif
#4akuma634Posted 11/10/2013 9:54:00 PM
It all goes through the game's store. I haven't bought anything per say. I did back the Kickstarter for the Twilight Zone game so my Farsight account has that table bound to it when I play on Android or PC. I'd say since it's bound to your Farsight account that it should let you download those tables on other platforms.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#5JKatarnPosted 11/10/2013 10:03:00 PM
I downloaded the free table, and the flipper delay was atrocious so I deleted it.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#6chrisinthehouse(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 10:16:51 PM
MantisPowah posted...

Yes, I know that everything you buy in Steam, you can download it in another computer by logging in, in your Steam account. But like the third poster said, this game is different because the tables are bought trough the game and not in Steam.

So i'm looking for someone that bought some tables and tell me, if he was able to download the tables in another computer with his account.
#7SScorpioPosted 11/11/2013 7:29:41 AM
JKatarn posted...
I downloaded the free table, and the flipper delay was atrocious so I deleted it.

Run in full-screen window mode, or set max frames to render ahead to 1.
#8arleasPosted 11/11/2013 8:38:22 AM
i'm looking for someone that bought some tables and tell me, if he was able to download the tables in another computer with his account.

I did back the Kickstarter for the Twilight Zone game so my Farsight account has that table bound to it when I play on Android or PC. I'd say since it's bound to your Farsight account that it should let you download those tables on other platforms.

That looks as close to an answer as you'll get. You log into a separate account and that keeps track of which games you own so you can download them later. That's kinda how I figured it would work. I'd really prefer it if they had everything where you could buy it direct on steam though.
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png
#9JKatarnPosted 11/11/2013 10:24:28 AM
SScorpio posted...
JKatarn posted...

Run in full-screen window mode, or set max frames to render ahead to 1.

I almost always run games in full-screen mode, and I was running this title in full-screen when I observed the lag. Someone on another forum said running it in windowed fixed the lag, but I hadn't bothered with that. There's also the fact that the game crashed on me randomly when looking at the options menu with some weird error (no other issues on this machine).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#10endless7Posted 11/11/2013 1:52:17 PM
Looks like today's patch enabled the season packs to be sold through Steam, but it may take a day or two for the store page to be updated. Individual table packs will still only be available in-game.
---
"It is better to be hated for what you are, than to be loved for what you are not."--Andre Gide