This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My friend has been unable to play CSGO for almost a week now - please help :(

#1crimsonclaw111Posted 11/10/2013 9:38:50 PM
Ok, so some backstory: Since the November 6th patch for CSGO, my friend has been unable to update, create, or join any games for CSGO. He cannot browse community servers or official ones. When he attempts to connect, he receives the "max acceptable ping is not set high enough" error, or is told that his game is not up to date, even though his max ping is set to 350. When he tries to connect to my game or any other lobby, he receives an error notifying him that he's been disconnected or an error occurred.

He has tried the following:
1) deleting his appcache folder and deleting his clientregistry.blob
2) un/reinstalling CSGO (3 times now)
3) verifying integrity of files
4) attempted to manually launch an update which didn't work

When today's patch went live, he couldn't update again. Same problems, same results. He is not VAC banned and the game is an authentic Steam copy. Here is a few pictures showing what he sees when attempting to connect:
http://imgur.com/a/pKZrf#lXbf9JQ

I cannot put him in a lobby either. I have no clue what to do and have suggested him to email Valve for a refund if he cannot play his game, as a last resort for help.

Do you guys have ANY idea how we can fix this? It's been driving us crazy.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390
#2-CJF-Posted 11/10/2013 9:59:44 PM
Where is your friend located and what type (speed) of Internet does he have? I've never had this problem, but I did some searching for you and here's some things you can try:

1. Make sure the connection isn't being blocked by firewall.
2. Make sure all ports are forwarded.
3. Make sure nothing is using the connection while trying to play.
4. Try opting out of Beta participation in the Steam client. (Steam --> Options -->) Under "Beta Participation," select "None."
5. There are a few reports of people changing modems to fix this. A bit extreme, but it's an option if all else fails.
#3crimsonclaw111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 10:03:53 PM(edited)
-CJF- posted...
Where is your friend located and what type (speed) of Internet does he have? I've never had this problem, but I did some searching for you and here's some things you can try:

1. Make sure the connection isn't being blocked by firewall.
2. Make sure all ports are forwarded.
3. Make sure nothing is using the connection while trying to play.
4. Try opting out of Beta participation in the Steam client. (Steam --> Options -->) Under "Beta Participation," select "None."
5. There are a few reports of people changing modems to fix this. A bit extreme, but it's an option if all else fails.

He lives in Riverside and has ATT Uverse (idk the speeds but it's above 5 mbps easily). I actually just found the beta participation tip after searching longer and will have him try that, as everything else he has already covered (sans the modem change, which works with any other title).

Thank you.

Edit: the beta opting DID work - idk why that was even selected to begin with. Thanks again!
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390