This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone explain to me why alienware is garbage

#1lulzacePosted 11/10/2013 11:42:38 PM
Outside of the obvious being able to make a better one on your own.

I've only ever wanted one because of the case space/being able to put all my own stuff in it but I'm not gonna pay 2k for sparkly generic tier laptops.
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!
#2DerPancakePosted 11/10/2013 11:43:27 PM
The desktops are overpriced. Thats the only issue with Alienware.
---
EVGA
#3ShineboxerPosted 11/10/2013 11:49:25 PM
DerPancake posted...
The desktops are overpriced. Thats the only issue with Alienware.

not to mention some components are just trash tier.
---
Intel Core i7-4770K | MSI Z87-G45 GAMING | MSI GeForce GTX 780 | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#4TimePharaohPosted 11/10/2013 11:49:57 PM
lulzace posted...
I've only ever wanted one because of the case space/being able to put all my own stuff in it

lolwut?
---
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png
#5AllmatteredPosted 11/10/2013 11:55:14 PM
lulzace posted...

I've only ever wanted one because of the case space/being able to put all my own stuff in it.

You store things in your tower case?
#6lulzace(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:00:00 AM
I have some good parts but I don't need a desktop, I need a laptop, or rather I need a portable desktop. Like the 18's case is ideal since I'm going to school for art/graphic-design/programming and I also currently work doing that. But the case is bad since it's also apparently the source of the 18's sleep mode crashes.

Really I've been looking for something that doesn't cost too much that I can switch the parts out to w/o much difficulty. And I'd always heard ware was bad but I could never think of any reason outside of the obvious fact that you can make a better comp with much less performance issues on your own for way less.

Thought some here might have experience w/ them and be able to tell me more.
---
#7jakisthePosted 11/11/2013 12:04:54 AM
Build a midtower; problem solved. Everything they offer can be found for much cheaper elsewhere, of equal or sometimes better quality.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#8lulzace(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:05:47 AM
Tower case?

No the laptop shell/case.
---
#9Hunter1534Posted 11/11/2013 12:06:37 AM
lulzace posted...
I have some good parts but I don't need a desktop, I need a laptop, or rather I need a portable desktop. Like the 18's case is ideal since I'm going to school for art/graphic-design/programming and I also currently work doing that. But the case is bad since it's also apparently the source of the 18's sleep mode crashes.

Really I've been looking for something that doesn't cost too much that I can switch the parts out to w/o much difficulty. And I'd always heard ware was bad but I could never think of any reason outside of the obvious fact that you can make a better comp with much less performance issues on your own for way less.

Thought some here might have experience w/ them and be able to tell me more.

Why did you ask here? You're gonna get troll responses half the time on this board.
---
I'm not wearing any underpants.
#10lulzace(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 12:06:37 AM
Need a laptop tho.
---