This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

According to John Carmack you need a 3.68+ teraflop GPU to match PS4 power

#61Kane90987Posted 11/11/2013 11:57:00 AM
DiehardFFv2 posted...
SneakiestNeg posted...
Pc gamers are a bunch of cheapskates. Seriously you cant make a decent profit on the pc as a game dev. There is a reason why so many games are on the consoles. Steam sales just make me sad. Might as well go pirate all the way. if we all went pc that would be the end of gaming as we know it.

Major developers don't make as much money from PC gamers because they have been shafting us with s*** ports for years and as a whole the PC community refuses to put up with it anymore. Developers that actually cater to the community do far better. Selling a game on PC through Steam nets you roughly 70% of every sale. Go sell a game on a console through a retail store or even through XBLA and tell me how much you get back. Spout your nonsense elsewhere.

Bethesda disagrees, at least AFAIK...
#62Gravis_MortorumPosted 11/11/2013 11:58:16 AM
Teraflops sound like something the Heat would do...
#63llamathiefPosted 11/11/2013 12:02:57 PM
Consoles aren't so convenient anymore. And only Nintendo has exclusives worth buying a whole new console to play.

But Nintendo hasn't released a new exclusive in about 12 years.

Sony is 90% multiplats and Microsoft, after the initial launch window, is 100% multiplats.

Just because the PC has a lot PC only games doesn't mean they are good. They are generally low budget/and or indie games. The PC rarely has any exclusive AAA games. And when they do have exclusive AAA games, they eventually get released on consoles. Outside of say Company of Heroes, Arma, etc, how many does the PC really have?
---
Am I a llama that thieves, or a pilferer of llamas? You may never know.
#64Ep1c_WinPosted 11/11/2013 12:08:21 PM
Leatherhide posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Leatherhide posted...
SpidermanThread posted...
The Geforce GTX 780 Ti with 12GB GDDR5 5.04 TFLOPs. Best GPU in the world and stronger than the entire PS4. You'll have to wait for the PS5 or 6.

THIS is exactly what I mean. Yes, there is more powerful hardware around than that of the new consoles. Question is, can you build a complete PC that will be stronger when it comes to gaming than the PS4 for just 400 bucks?

... Yes, actually. 's been all the rage for a while. Gonna be even easier in december.

I'm a system builder and I honestly can't make a proper gaming PC that would outdo the PS4 for less than 400 bucks.

And the reason is that Sony is selling the ps4 at a loss and hoping that the number of units they will sell over microsoft will end up putting them ahead in the long run.
---
Lets Go Buffalo!
PSN and LoL: Mynamesbob8 - Minecraft: Mynam3sbob8
#65nedrithPosted 11/11/2013 12:16:02 PM
Ep1c_Win posted...
Leatherhide posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Leatherhide posted...
SpidermanThread posted...
The Geforce GTX 780 Ti with 12GB GDDR5 5.04 TFLOPs. Best GPU in the world and stronger than the entire PS4. You'll have to wait for the PS5 or 6.

THIS is exactly what I mean. Yes, there is more powerful hardware around than that of the new consoles. Question is, can you build a complete PC that will be stronger when it comes to gaming than the PS4 for just 400 bucks?

... Yes, actually. 's been all the rage for a while. Gonna be even easier in december.

I'm a system builder and I honestly can't make a proper gaming PC that would outdo the PS4 for less than 400 bucks.

And the reason is that Sony is selling the ps4 at a loss and hoping that the number of units they will sell over microsoft will end up putting them ahead in the long run.

Don't tell me you actually think that Microsoft is actually making a profit off of system sells also. Neither company is. MS had to price theirs higher partially due to kinect. Even Nintendo said they had to get atleast one game sold per a console to make a profit and I would be pretty sure that they would be the closest console maker to making a profit off a console sale.
#66ThePCElitistPosted 11/11/2013 12:19:34 PM
My GPU has 5.6 Teraflops according to the specs and I have 2 of them in my rig. So does that mean I have 11.2 Teraflops?
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#67Snuckie7Posted 11/11/2013 12:21:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#68EciDemonPosted 11/11/2013 12:21:46 PM
llamathief posted...
Consoles aren't so convenient anymore. And only Nintendo has exclusives worth buying a whole new console to play.

But Nintendo hasn't released a new console in about 12 years.

Sony is 90% multiplats and Microsoft, after the initial launch window, is 100% multiplats.

Just because the PC has a lot PC only games doesn't mean they are good. They are generally low budget/and or indie games. The PC rarely has any exclusive AAA games. And when they do have exclusive AAA games, they eventually get released on consoles. Outside of say Company of Heroes, Arma, etc, how many does the PC really have?

There's lots of really good PC only games.
There's plenty of big budge MMO's if that's your cup of tea.
Age of Conan, released in 2008 still looks and sounds great and there's plenty more.
There's also a bunch of really good diving simulators on pc. Gran turismo and Forza are arcade games in comparison.

X series with X Rebirth coming out any day now is as far as I'm concerned a huge pc exclusive and there's nothing like it on consoles :)

bottom line is there's plenty of good to be had on pc even though it's not marketed as AAA CoD and the likes.

These days though it's more about multi platform and as such most of the time the PC version is the better experience.
So you can't really go wrong with PC imo.

I'm not saying consoles are bad or anything, I have ps3/360 and all the previous gen consoles along with a few hand helds and plenty of games for all of them. If only all of the games came to pc I'd be a happy camper ^_^
---
| Gigabyte GTX 680 Winforce 3 OC | i7 2600K @4.6Ghz |
| Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | X-Fi Titanium champion |
#69GamersTavernPosted 11/11/2013 12:54:49 PM
What a flop.
---
Main Site: http://www.gamers-tavern.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersTavernShow
#70overkillwfo1978Posted 11/11/2013 1:01:15 PM
GamersTavern posted...
What a flop.

I didn't care for Tera either...