This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

long live the queen worth 6 pound?

#1thefabregas22Posted 11/11/2013 3:47:42 AM
it's on sale currently so now would be a good time to pick it up but for that amount of money I don't risk buying a game I'm not gonna like, anyone else have it and if so is it good?
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#2KabtheMentatPosted 11/11/2013 3:57:54 AM
It's basically Princess Maker. So if you like those games, then sure, go for it.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#3thefabregas22(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:00:05 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
It's basically Princess Maker. So if you like those games, then sure, go for it.

what's princess maker? I was under the impression it was a business/strategy game where you run your own kingdom. Is that not the case? It also said something about if you can survive long enough so that got me interested. Am I just completely mistaken?.
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#4KabtheMentatPosted 11/11/2013 4:07:20 AM
It's more of a visual novel game than a strategy game.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#5urtvPosted 11/11/2013 7:10:35 AM
i didnt know it came out already.saw the trailer and was pretty amusing watching her die every time
#6TheOwlWBUPosted 11/12/2013 12:48:40 PM
There are no moving graphics and there is no voicework. Everything is drawn and the only time you see other characters are when their heads pop up when they're speaking.

In the game, you get 40 turns. Each turn is composed of two elements, the "classes" section and the story section. When you take a class you raise a stat in a certain skill, of which there are 42. You may only take two classes a turn, so it's impossible to max all your stats. The story is essentially a flowchart, and outcomes decide on what your stats are and performs a skill roll at certain points of time. For example, Elodie is walking along and sees an owl clutching a leaf in its claws. It makes a skill roll for Divination and any relevance to Elodie is based on whether she passes it or not.

It's a very simple game but I'm getting a lot of satisfaction from it and I think it was easily worth the 6.