This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown for $13.59 at Newegg

#1DAENF0RCER13Posted 11/11/2013 7:27:39 AM
Been kind of interested in this game for a while. Is it worth the price and has it been lower than that before?
---
XBL/PSN+Steam: B2Ez chinoman/chinoman1129 | http://myanimelist.net/profile/chinoman | Let's Plays and Stuff- http://www.youtube.com/user/chinoman1129
#2ShubPosted 11/11/2013 7:32:52 AM
It's been sold for <$10 before. It's on sale on a very regular basis.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3KabtheMentatPosted 11/11/2013 8:10:31 AM
It's a good game, but wait a bit. With the expansion coming out, you'll most likely be able to catch the base game for $5 or less.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#4Rpg AddictPosted 11/11/2013 8:21:56 AM
I have never played the game, but as someone who is in this situation frequently, I'll give my thoughts:

I'm sure you could get it for cheaper, particularly if you waited. On the other hand, it's your money; you know what you're willing to pay for the game; and if you're willing to pay the listed price for the game, go ahead and buy it. Usually when a new game comes up, I'll tell myself what I'm willing to pay for it; and once it gets to that price, I don't wait for it to get any lower, because I paid the amount I thought it would be worth.

Use your judgment. An added thought: if you're not going to buy it and immediately download it and play it, why not wait?
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari: Fire Type with Larvesta, Magmar, and Fletchinder
PM me if you'd like to exchange Friend Codes!
#5KabtheMentatPosted 11/11/2013 8:23:17 AM
Rpg Addict posted...
I have never played the game, but as someone who is in this situation frequently, I'll give my thoughts:

I'm sure you could get it for cheaper, particularly if you waited. On the other hand, it's your money; you know what you're willing to pay for the game; and if you're willing to pay the listed price for the game, go ahead and buy it. Usually when a new game comes up, I'll tell myself what I'm willing to pay for it; and once it gets to that price, I don't wait for it to get any lower, because I paid the amount I thought it would be worth.

Use your judgment. An added thought: if you're not going to buy it and immediately download it and play it, why not wait?

That's not a bad way to look at it, but X-COM goes on sale literally all the time.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#6Benjamin_ButtonPosted 11/11/2013 8:24:03 AM
Xcom ey easily worth $13.50 so either pay that or lower worth it either way go get it
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage
#7SinisterSlayPosted 11/11/2013 9:33:07 AM(edited)
X-com was worth the 50 I paid when it was new. one of my favorite gaming experiences these last few years (just behind warband)

And by supporting it, we tell developers we want more games like that, not just dudebro shooters.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#8Rpg AddictPosted 11/11/2013 9:42:42 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
Rpg Addict posted...

That's not a bad way to look at it, but X-COM goes on sale literally all the time.

Yeah. All I'm trying to say is: if you think it's worth what you paid for it, don't kick yourself if it goes on sale the next day.
---
Pokemon X Friend Safari: Fire Type with Larvesta, Magmar, and Fletchinder
PM me if you'd like to exchange Friend Codes!
#9Tiberius1151Posted 11/11/2013 9:51:22 AM
Got it for $9.99 during the summer sale. I am sure it will be on sale for that price again soon enough.
#10MahoganyTooth92Posted 11/11/2013 9:58:45 AM
It's well worth the price. Amazing game.
The expansion, Enemy Within actually comes out tomorrow.
---
"PC has a $0 a year maintenance fee. The only money I put into my PC is buying more games. Have fun with your subscription based gaming." -SirisS-G-P