This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a FREE Download for Witcher 2 Mod?

#1NfuzedXGamerPosted 11/11/2013 8:45:44 AM
I tried downloading the witcher 2 combat rebalance mod from witcher nexus i tried to create a account and a payment plan popped up, sorry but umm im not paying money for a mod. Is there a free download of this mod anywhere i even checked CDPR's website it took me straight to the nexus site again.
#2poopninjamvc3mkPosted 11/11/2013 8:46:48 AM
Isn't mod directly made by some of the Witcher 2 dev staff? That's probably why they're charging money for it.
---
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063467937.png Deleted my old sig since some mod apparantly got offended because I mentioned Penn State.
#3KabtheMentatPosted 11/11/2013 8:48:54 AM
You don't have to pay for the Nexus. It's just an option. There's an option that says no, I don't want to give you money.
---
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson
#4NfuzedXGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 9:04:38 AM
Honestly it should have just been installed as a automatic update for the game,..
#5Orestes417Posted 11/11/2013 9:10:37 AM
Yes because an unofficial mod radically screwing with the balance of a product should be an integral part of the update process.
---
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
#6NfuzedXGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 10:14:31 AM
So is the mod not really worth it? because my registration with nexus mods wont even work so im just gonna say screw it anyhow. Witcher 3 will have improved combat im sure. I have the enhanced edition anyway.
#7youngfossilPosted 11/11/2013 10:32:29 AM
NfuzedXGamer posted...
So is the mod not really worth it? because my registration with nexus mods wont even work so im just gonna say screw it anyhow. Witcher 3 will have improved combat im sure. I have the enhanced edition anyway.

the mod is buggy as hell
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#8Mudkip57Posted 11/11/2013 10:40:00 AM(edited)
Nexus accounts are free. The payment is only for their premium membership which offers better download speeds and other stuff. You can try downloading from CDP's REDKit site, but you still need to sign up for a free account regardless. Make sure you download 1.1 and the 1.1a hotfix if you use the link below

http://redkit.cdprojektred.com/index.php?c=mod&m=show&p=77|sectionImages|0#
#9DerPancakePosted 11/11/2013 10:42:51 AM
Yeah TC, download the mod from the devs site. First download the 1.1 version, and then download the 1.1a patch.

The mod is not buggy, it works and its well worth it.
---
EVGA
#10youngfossilPosted 11/11/2013 10:45:59 AM
DerPancake posted...
Yeah TC, download the mod from the devs site. First download the 1.1 version, and then download the 1.1a patch.

The mod is not buggy, it works and its well worth it.

You beat the game with the mod or just played around with it? To say it isnt buggy show lack of experience with the mod.

also if your gonna use it. make sure its a new game
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.